Regarding BIS items

Was going to add to the thread but it was locked. If you're going to have the dread pirate ring on BIS you might as well have the weather-beaten fishing hat there too. They are probably equally difficult to get. The ring actually requires winning the contest whereas the hat you just have to get from a bag.

Im having him re-open, we were testing to see if I could edit my posts while locked. We couldn't.

Im making all the Lists in notepad, then adding the links, then posting them to TI, just so I can do it without a bunch of IE's up. (My internet blows)

RizenPhoenix said:
Wasn't a level induced on the WBFH? Pretty sure it happened right after a 19 twink had gotten one in their bags.

Yes, but coming Cataclysm it is switched back to viable.

The weather beaten fishing hat is a million times harder to get than that ring. If you're even fortunate enough to get that shark, you only have a 1% chance to loot the hat from your bag. Not worth it, bound to get nerfed soon anyway.

How many twinks do you think have the ring? I'm not saying that the hat isn't harder to get but its closer than you'd think. I suppose it would depend on the population of the server. To get the ring you have to actually win. The higher the population the harder the ring is to get. To get the hat you just have to be persistent and try to fish every week & get a shark. I don't know if there's a way to find out the ratio of rings to hats in the 19 twink community but I bet its probably 2 or maybe 3:1 for rings to hats. I may be an anomaly but I've gotten both, and also the boots & the recipe. Just need the strand crawler now :D

I only hope it gets fixed if i cant get on for myself :p

wait, the ring is BoA. you can just win the contest on your main then send it to your twink. not that thats easy per-say, but its a hell of alot easier than chaperoning a 19 around Northrend. And WBFH will likely have an internal level req or something the like. they're not going to nerf it then un-nerf it.

Grunge said:
And WBFH will likely have an internal level req or something the like. they're not going to nerf it then un-nerf it.

There are people running around with it equipped at the moment tho :/

Grunge said:
wait, the ring is BoA. you can just win the contest on your main then send it to your twink. not that thats easy per-say, but its a hell of alot easier than chaperoning a 19 around Northrend. And WBFH will likely have an internal level req or something the like. they're not going to nerf it then un-nerf it.

There are places you can fish without being hasseled by mobs no chaperone needed. its about the same difficulty to get on a 19 as it is an 80. Also, I find it interesting that people don't want to put in the time to get a BIS item but they are quick to make lvl 10 toons to take advantage of broken resilience scaling.

Secclusion said:
There are places you can fish without being hasseled by mobs no chaperone needed. its about the same difficulty to get on a 19 as it is an 80. Also, I find it interesting that people don't want to put in the time to get a BIS item but they are quick to make lvl 10 toons to take advantage of broken resilience scaling.

wait, they DID unnerf wbfh? YEAH! time to go fishing :D

i think the reason why they removed the level req. is because in beta even level 10's can do the new fishing dailies around stormwind, so its possibly there so ppl can level with it

Users who are viewing this thread