reforging?

Alecs said:
herd about this...

what is it? a new proffesion? can twink proffit?

This was going to be a feature of crafting professions. Stats on items could be converted to other stats not currently on the item in a ratio that was not 1:1. Leather workers could convert stats on leather items, tailors on cloth, etc, and probably engineers on trinkets. So for example, at the time it was first announced some of us thought you could reforge AGM (12 stam) to 6 of another stat (agi, str, int, spirit).

More recently this reforging system got changed to an NPC so that you could reforge the item for the cost of the vendor value. At about the same time it was also announced that reforging would not allow you to change primary stats like stam, int, str, agility but instead change things like resilience, haste, hit, crit? and also spirit (even though spirit is a primary stat). However this conversion would be at a rate of 40% or multiplying the value by .40 so 2 spirit would be .8 of another stat (not sure if Blizz is planning on rounding).

Yes twinks can profit because there are many items that could have spirit changed. The biggest things to watch here are Green Tinted Goggles - Item - World of Warcraft Seal of Wrynn - Item - World of Warcraft and many other items with 2-3+ spirit. Changing spirit to hit/haste would greatly improve these items where spirit is essentially worthless. Basically this is where we stand and I have been speculating on some items like demon band which if spirit can be reforged to hit could possibly mean 4str 2 stam 1hit X2

hm ... intreasting - this means that a lot of custom items will appear!

and the spirit items will be VERY valuable.

but is this bop?

i m,ean you need to be an engineer to reforge trinkets or some other engineer can reforge smt for you?

Alecs said:
hm ... intreasting - this means that a lot of custom items will appear!

and the spirit items will be VERY valuable.

but is this bop?

i m,ean you need to be an engineer to reforge trinkets or some other engineer can reforge smt for you?

As of right now this is done by an NPC instead o fa player. So anyone can get items reforged.

IF one of your professions is a crafting profession then reforging has an increased effect. IE:

Tailors= Cloth items

Leatherworkers= Leather/mail items

Blacksmiths= Mail/Plate items

Engineers= Trinkets

Jewelcrafters= Rings, Necklaces

So i think when you reforge you can reforge probably like 50% of stats then just 40% or more.. Depends what Blizzard wants to do.

Edit: Also, most likely when you reforge something it binds to you. Or Blizzard may not do that so we need some screen shots confirming whether or not it binds when you reforge.

Users who are viewing this thread