Red Whelp Gloves

Maybe this should be in the rogue calculator thread but I was wondering if red whelp with 10 haste with TB (cause it's fast) in the OH would be a dps increase over dual SF with fang glove +15 agi. The proc is a straight 5% on melee attack so it stands to reason that it would be, especially with +4 stones on both weapons. Can someone smarter than me figure this out? maybe add the haste trinket in as well and see where this goes?

a mate of mine had fiery haste set a few years back, it was really successful!

not too sure in today's game tho to make it stand out you would have to take both haste trinkets,

(my mate had librams to make up for it)

but yeah gogo try it! its always good to be different!

Red Whelp Gloves are not really viable. I already did some research if I should add it to the rogue calculator but it just won't do.

It deals 14-25damage so 19.5 on average. And a 5% proc chance.

19.5x0.05=0.975 that's less then 1 extra damage per hit.

if you use Gloves of the fang you get 11AP from it (ignoring the crit).

So that's 11/14=0.786 more dps for mainhand and 0.393 more dps for offhand.

You said TB in offhand and let me assume Shadowfang in mainhand.

For shadowfang that 0.786 dps is 0.786x2.7=2.1 additional damage per hit

And for TB it's a 0.393x1.7=0.668 additonal damage per hit.

With only auto attacks the dps from the gloves alone is:

1/2.7*0.975+1/1.7*0.975=0.935dps

The 11AP when only auto attacking gives:

1/2.7*2.1+1/1.7*0.668=1.171dps

When using special attacks this difference only becomes larger because it's just a stactic 0.975extra damage from the Red whelp gloves but 11Ap if more damage 1 additional damage on a special attack.

And if we take the crit you get from agility into consideration the difference becomes even larger

As for the Haste on gloves it won't make the whelp gloves better. The amount of haste you get is very low and even if you use this haste to promote the gloves the faster swings also profit more from extra AP. So the AP you get from the Fang gloves is still beter.

Wuv123 said:
Trespasser I need some math help. Can you do a math assesment of this enchant: Fiery Blaze Enchantments on dual Shadowfangs and tell me the results compared to dual normal Fiery?

Thank you.

I assume you mean on a single target so lets see.

15% proc chance for 9-13damage

So 11 damage on average proc

11*0.15=1.65 damage per hit on average.

The damage per second with dual SF with dual this enchant then is

1/2.7*1.65+1/2.7*1.65=1.222dps

Now for fiery:

Fiery has a 6ppm proc rate and deals 40damage. So the proc chance on a SF is:

6/(60/2.7)*100%=27%

So the average damage per hit is

0.27*40=10.8 damage per hit on average

The damage per second with dual SF with fiery then is:

1/2.7*10.8+1/2.7*10.8=8dps

As you can see the difference is very large in favor of fiery weapon.

In order so the Fiery Blaze to be better you will need to get 7 enemy's within the 3yard proc. Which is kind of hard :p

I am not sure but wouldn't red whelp gloves do more dmg than fang, if you would hit a char with 50% dmg reduced from armor or is the proc affected by armor aswell??

Gravíty said:
I am not sure but wouldn't red whelp gloves do more dmg than fang, if you would hit a char with 50% dmg reduced from armor or is the proc affected by armor aswell??

I got some Whelp Gloves for my rogue a while back just to test out the burst vs an agi set. The fire damage proc is not affected by armor, but it appears to be affected by fire resistance.

Anyone know if this means a skeletal club would do more dmg when hitting a char with loads of armor? Compared to cruel barb.

Users who are viewing this thread