Recruitment for Wargames

Time and date would be good

Right, I thpught about evening (this evening already maybe) around 18-19 server time.

I would specifiy that this is a TEST, which mean we would need some time. But I'm also quite sure it will work, tho I would also try some differents scenario to erase all possible issues in order to avoid any further wasted time.
For this reason. I repeat, we will lose some time too and the target is not play but just check of it works, be aware of this. It's for a good cause.

Implied that when the test is over (I assume it will take 30 min) we could also play our wargames :)

Ok, we managed to make a test yesterday with 10 players, 5 on horde and 5 on alliance.
The good news is that now I know how the crossrealms work exactly. The 2 teamleaders could see eachother without problem.
Team horde was full F2P from different servers (Balnazzar, Aggramar, Hellscream) and the leader was on Balnazzar (Boulderfist's connected groups) while the alliance team was full TwistingNether except the teamleader (me) from Boulderfist (as P2P). Meet point was on DMF.
As I said we know now how it works with an accuracy of 100%, but here come the bad news.

Wargames
First of all, putting the qq for a wargames make a sound like you join a regolar bg, then the other sound of the call, but no call at all, it happened often (around 3/5). But we got also real calls. In that case ALL TEAM ENTERED IN BG EXCEPT ME. I got the load screen, up to 100% and in the end I got teleported back to DMF. We tried many times, but each times all got into the bg except me. I assume this is a bug. The other reason I can think is that I was the only p2p player in both teams. Unfortunatly we couldn't try to make a fully ally F2P team, but we will make next time.

Arena 5v5
We tried also arena 5v5, they seems to work without any bug. Tho the very first arena we was 4v5 and another 3v5 (the missing players were from my team, alliance). Is not clear if it was bugged or it was a problem of us (one player was logged with 2 accounts to reach the number to join arena/wargames, which could miss the call while switching between the two accounts).
I also think maybe a P2P player could cause some "issues", still we have to try with a full F2P teams on both side.

The other reason I can think is that I was the only p2p player in both teams. Unfortunatly we couldn't try to make a fully ally F2P team, but we will make next time.

Maybe its because of XP on XP off Mechanic, try to set XP On, on your p2p and maybe it works then? Good job for trying out, but is it possible to Q up as a Raid (for example 10v10) or only as Party 5v5?

Maybe its because of XP on XP off Mechanic, try to set XP On, on your p2p and maybe it works then? Good job for trying out, but is it possible to Q up as a Raid (for example 10v10) or only as Party 5v5?

Sure, we could try that, but I hope I will get no exp in wargames cuz my p2p is like 90% to ding lvl 21.

We made a 5v5 just cuz we want try if I get correctly how it works the crossrealms thing. Last time we wasted like 2 hours and we were 20 people. I wouldnt risk another thing like that, for this reason we didnt make a 10v10.
But now that we know how it works we can try a 10vs10 anytime.

I also found out that the priest I levelled on Boulderfist in order to connect Boulderfist merged realms with Twisting Nether realms was totally useless since they are in the same group of realms and we can see eachother in open world (I just tested it in Duskwood).

As I said, I would to try a full 5v5 F2P to test if we can get all into the bg and test also with the exp on.

But, in case the p2p are a problem we have to be ready to play without them, even if with restricted f2p gear.

The good new is that by grouping on Boulderfist we will be able to see Twisting Nether's players without need a p2p.

I like this idea and hope it continues to build momentum, it would be good to get a more interactive community going that is willing to bring more of us together through events like this one and others like it!

I remember someone once trying to get everyone to roll toons, gear them with gray gear from a predetermined list and set up some guideline for wargames where everyone was on the same footing so to speak so a players skill and teammates where the only determining factor for victory. I liked the sound of the event and was going to join in but sadly it never got off the ground to my knowledge.

Sign me up Dankkush Aerie Peak
I can make anytime work I am always available to be online.

I like this idea and hope it continues to build momentum, it would be good to get a more interactive community going that is willing to bring more of us together through events like this one and others like it!

I remember someone once trying to get everyone to roll toons, gear them with gray gear from a predetermined list and set up some guideline for wargames where everyone was on the same footing so to speak so a players skill and teammates where the only determining factor for victory. I liked the sound of the event and was going to join in but sadly it never got off the ground to my knowledge.

Sign me up Dankkush Aerie Peak
I can make anytime work I am always available to be online.

It's on EU servers, so unless you find a way to transfer that toon from US to EU servers, then no can do :/

Honestly, if there would be a way to invite people from US it would be fine with us. But I assume it would be a problem for the server when we play.

Users who are viewing this thread