RE: Resilience Buff

Rather than bury this point in one of the multitude of threads about i will place it here.

Ghostcrawler said:
As we suspected, PvP dps is just too high given that the health pools of Cataclysm haven't kicked in yet. While competitive PvP is over for the moment, we still want the environment to feel better so we will be buffing resilience. This change might be reverted at level 85.

Seems to me possible that the resilience buff will be reverted in a month or two, so enjoy your level 10s while you can.

Edit: source

This change might be reverted at level 85.

This means that once you hit 85 resilience will scale differently than 1-84. It does not mean it will scale differently for everyone.

Or atleast that's what it seems.

Your'e right about that i suppose. However, when 4.0.3 hits will all levels be experiencing a boost to health pools? or just >80? If just >80, then i would expect what you say to be true. However, if all brackets, especially 60-80, get this health pool boost too then i would expect resilience to be nerfed across the board despite how GC phrased it.

Granted that this is just speculation though.

why would everyone be getting health pool boosts? Im pretty sure its just 80+ since thats all they're focusing on atm

Whizz said:
why would everyone be getting health pool boosts? Im pretty sure its just 80+ since thats all they're focusing on atm

Well, everyone got the resilience buff didnt they? Anywho, I'm simply speculating.

And everyone got the "resi buff" cause of the 85 scaling, which was a misstake obviously when level 10s are running around with 90% damage reduction, and as far as I know its not gonna be bigger health pools but simply items with alot more stamina on them... so dont expect to get alot of hp all of a sudden

Whizz said:
And everyone got the "resi buff" cause of the 85 scaling, which was a misstake obviously when level 10s are running around with 90% damage reduction, and as far as I know its not gonna be bigger health pools but simply items with alot more stamina on them... so dont expect to get alot of hp all of a sudden

This is right, level one dodge twinks worked because stats scaled incorrectly. To fix it they set all defense stats to scale as if you were level 35, this is probably what they will do with resilience.

Im not sure how long it is going to take, but as it only applies to this one bracket, I am going to be pissed if they fix this, but dont fix rogue damage. Come on blizz, if anyone else could fix it for you they would have, help us out here. I also cannot see one shotting people with rogues as healthy for the enviroment of twinking, if it lasts more then a month or 2 we will lose a lot of players.

If this is not fixed I predict:

The death of 10-19 twinking.

Why?

Either people quit because they do not wish to be in the sort of environment where 10s can hardly die. Or, the more likely scenario:

Everyone rolls level 10 twinks with insane resi, and as much trouble as level 19s with their mad DPS have killing 10s, the more impossible it will be for level 10s to kill other level 10s.. Making BGs a standstill and inevitably kill the bracket...

God, that was dark..

Anyway, this is a potential twink killer if no one acts on it. At least in EU, since we don't really have any premades going on these days. So there's no 'no level 10' games where we can set down rules :(

lindenkron said:
If this is not fixed I predict:

The death of 10-19 twinking.

Why?

Either people quit because they do not wish to be in the sort of environment where 10s can hardly die. Or, the more likely scenario:

Everyone rolls level 10 twinks with insane resi, and as much trouble as level 19s with their mad DPS have killing 10s, the more impossible it will be for level 10s to kill other level 10s.. Making BGs a standstill and inevitably kill the bracket...

God, that was dark..

Anyway, this is a potential twink killer if no one acts on it. At least in EU, since we don't really have any premades going on these days. So there's no 'no level 10' games where we can set down rules :(

It will get fixed, just a matter of time.

I dont think it will get changed anytime in the near future to be honest. Blizzard has stated repeatedly they dont care about low level battlegrounds. The only place this seems to be a serious issue is with a VERY specific niche, aka level 10 twinks in a level 19 twink battleground. This doesnt affect 'casual players' in the least.

Falaris said:
I dont think it will get changed anytime in the near future to be honest. Blizzard has stated repeatedly they dont care about low level battlegrounds. The only place this seems to be a serious issue is with a VERY specific niche, aka level 10 twinks in a level 19 twink battleground. This doesnt affect 'casual players' in the least.

Exactly, this is what I'm afraid of.

I agree with you guys that tons of level 10's will be bad, however after I get stalked by 3 rogues ambushing me at the same time I feel a bit differently.

Rogues are supposed to ambush. Rogues should be able to take out a single clothie or leather wearer. And then die if there are other enemies in the area.

If geared rogues can burn down a fully twinked pally or warrior with ambush and eviscerate - then their damage needs to be nerfed.

Falaris said:

Well, getting Resilience gear for leveling char could be pretty overpower no? Like lvling from 1-14 with shitloads of damage reduce.. Idk let's hope blizz see it that way

bankbeauty said:
Well, getting Resilience gear for leveling char could be pretty overpower no? Like lvling from 1-14 with shitloads of damage reduce.. Idk let's hope blizz see it that way

it has said right in the tooltip for years that it reduces damage done by players and players pets...

10-19 twinks represent 0.0001% of the WoW player population, and the problems in our bracket aren't really first priority for Blizzard. Numbers currently generated in the 10-19 xp-off bracket are inflated, and you all have to realize that they aren't like that in the other xp-on/off brackets.

10-19 xp-off wont get any changes for a while. Blizzard doesn't have the time to "fix" what's wrong in 10-19 xp-off, they're more concerned with the other 99.9999% of players and getting Cataclysm out on time.

Natlieportmn, 19 Rogue

Fernald said:
10-19 twinks represent 0.0001% of the WoW player population, and the problems in our bracket aren't really first priority for Blizzard. Numbers currently generated in the 10-19 xp-off bracket are inflated, and you all have to realize that they aren't like that in the other xp-on/off brackets.

10-19 xp-off wont get any changes for a while. Blizzard doesn't have the time to "fix" what's wrong in 10-19 xp-off, they're more concerned with the other 99.9999% of players and getting Cataclysm out on time.

Natlieportmn, 19 Rogue

Sadly, I have to agree with this statement, which is why the level 10 problem is so frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread