RATE MY WARRIOR!!! BIS for 2x1h dps?

So Basically, i have chosen the gear i have because i was under the impression that Strength>crit. so im geared with as much str as possible without sacrificing dps/slow wep spd on my weps if that makes sense lol. im kind of a noob when it comes to hit cap stuff so feel free to give advice or opinions, thanks!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=11121 has more strength and DPS as well as the proc that goes through paladin's bubble. Some people also like to use the BoA hammer for the haste and crit. As far as hit goes, 5% is yellow and MH white hit cap, anything over that makes your OH miss less against 20s. You need 10% for 24 hit cap, which isn't very practical. You also get to DW swords, which I personally prefer the look of than sword/mace. Alchemy would give you 13 strength.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, Wowhead has the DPS wrong, although the extra strength and proc still probably push it above Diamond Hammer - Item - World of Warcraft as for Emil's Brand - Item - World of Warcraft it's 2H and far too fast to be of any use for anything other han samurai RP fun. If you want to go 2H then use the BoA axe. Also, Verigan's Fist - Item - World of Warcraft is the highest white DPS weapon that was available at 20, and only to alliance paladins. http://www.wowhead.com/item=65941 comes in second, and yes, some warriors did take it, but it's still inferior to the BoA axe.

This is just my preference but i prefer the crit belt and cloak.

Emils band is only BiS if your a gnome.

For an OH use the 1h from the warrior quest if you still have it, replace argas with keeshans ring and use the pvp neck. You'll lose some strength but its worth it.

And I'm jelly of the chausses. ._.

Well. i havent done the keeshans quest yet actually lol. i do have Razor's Edge - Game Guide - World of Warcraft though and Demon Band - Game Guide - World of Warcraft as well. i also have some other hit items, like Onyx Claymore - Game Guide - World of Warcraft and Drakewing Bands - Game Guide - World of Warcraft and Cobrahn's Grasp - Game Guide - World of Warcraft and to be honest. after about 190 chests looted trying to get Diamond Hammer - Game Guide - World of Warcraft i really dont want to wear any other offhand lol. but oh yea i got the cool lookin 2h sword from the warrior quest for the mog instead, imo the 1h swords dps it way to low for my taste.

Ah, Wowhead has the DPS wrong, although the extra strength and proc still probably push it above Diamond Hammer - Item - World of Warcraft as for Emil's Brand - Item - World of Warcraft it's 2H and far too fast to be of any use for anything other han samurai RP fun. If you want to go 2H then use the BoA axe. Also, Verigan's Fist - Item - World of Warcraft is the highest white DPS weapon that was available at 20, and only to alliance paladins. Riot Stick - Item - World of Warcraft comes in second, and yes, some warriors did take it, but it's still inferior to the BoA axe.

could you please elaborate why the BoA axe is the best? i really just dont understand how a weapon with higher dps and more strength on it could be inferior to the boa axe, not saying your wrong, just need an explanation.

oh yea im human also so i get 3 expertise with swords, but not for axes. dont know if this would effect anything.

Ah, Wowhead has the DPS wrong, although the extra strength and proc still probably push it above Diamond Hammer - Item - World of Warcraft as for Emil's Brand - Item - World of Warcraft it's 2H and far too fast to be of any use for anything other han samurai RP fun. If you want to go 2H then use the BoA axe. Also, Verigan's Fist - Item - World of Warcraft is the highest white DPS weapon that was available at 20, and only to alliance paladins. Riot Stick - Item - World of Warcraft comes in second, and yes, some warriors did take it, but it's still inferior to the BoA axe.

could you please elaborate why the BoA axe is the best? i really just dont understand how a weapon with higher dps and more strength on it could be inferior to the boa axe, not saying your wrong, just need an explanation.

3.8 weapon speed.

Right now I think Mortal Strike is the only relevant wpn dmg ability (arms spec - completely viable come MoP).

so basically what im getting from all this is that since the BoA axe has slower weapon speed it is considered to be better by many due to the higher spike dmg with auto swings? even though it may possibly not do higher dps. sounds legit due to warriors lacking a viable interupt. but it leaves me with the question. BoA axe higher auto swing hits VS emils brand strength advantage effecting bloodthirst etc? like would the auto swings with the BoA axe outweigh the Attack power bonuses to my other abilities with emils brand. guess ill have to test this out down the road when i get the axe. opinions?

You're confusing white DPS with overall damage. White DPS isn't that important. MH weapon hitting as hard as possible is the most important because all your abilities scale with it. This means slow weapon speed. You also seem to completely ignore crit, which the BoA axe has. Four strength that Emil has over BoA is not going to compensate for the speed difference. Run Recount and get an idea of exactly what abilities are doing damage, and what your overall DPS actually is. Then you'll have a better understanding of why it's so important.

You're confusing white DPS with overall damage. White DPS isn't that important. MH weapon hitting as hard as possible is the most important because all your abilities scale with it. This means slow weapon speed. You also seem to completely ignore crit, which the BoA axe has. Four strength that Emil has over BoA is not going to compensate for the speed difference. Run Recount and get an idea of exactly what abilities are doing damage, and what your overall DPS actually is. Then you'll have a better understanding of why it's so important.

as you can tell there is much i dont understand lol. however, what crit% should i be aiming at? Also, if you were to change some gear on my warrior to improve my damage, what would it be?

There's nothing wrong with a strength build. You'll consistently hit harder than sacrificing str for crit and stam. This is a full crit build: Jump @ Aerie Peak - Game Guide - World of Warcraft but is also a NE, which means more agi, and not a level of crit a F2P human can obtain. They also have skinning for crit, but I'd take alchemy's 13 strength. Herbalism isn't really required, but you tend to keep it for gathering the herbs needed for alchemy.

Edit: Expertise is better than not having it, but it's only 0.75% reduced chance to be dodged and parried, so 1.5% total. Not really worth sacrificing stats for.

Users who are viewing this thread