Rate my hipster ret

iirc rets are spell hit capped by default, seeing as HoJ is a spell cripz is talking out of his ass again.

Junoo 1# pala

Rets are spell hit capped by default? o_O
dunno if i understanded u well, but only palas hit capped by deffault are holy i think.

What i meant with my post was that now that hit ranting for spells is bugged maybe its not even worth getting 6%.

I'd say 7/10 for the effort.

But the problem is though... Constant damage VS 20% chance to do a crit. Sure, the crit is nice, but you'd hit worse than fury warrior whites if you just stack crit, and the DPS output in general will be greater if you throw in a bit of strength. That way you force healers to have to heal themselves thus rendering someone unhealed.

I say mix the strength set with the crit set. Go Foreman's but keep the other stuff and replace one ring with Argas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys guys, bg's are a joke and ret's don't rely on str to do damage, its all about weapon damage.

also i did a few bg's with brov last week and he was doing more dps with his incomplete hipster than my strength heavy ret pally was pulling.

Guys guys, bg's are a joke and ret's don't rely on str to do damage, its all about weapon damage.

also i did a few bg's with brov last week and he was doing more dps with his incomplete hipster than my strength heavy ret pally was pulling.

Not to mention that 2 ret pally or more working togerther can kill most of the melee and off healing each other ass till death :cool:

I find most of the responses in this thread to be very condescending.

Barakoshama is suggesting a different way to gear your retribution paladin, a way that actually may be better. Weapon damage is ret's most important "stat". You're hitting like a noodle cause ret at 19/20 generally hits like a noodle. Some things gear can't change, and while I think crit helps significantly ret still has trouble dealing damage cause of the class at this level, right now.

You're support. Your best work is assisting kills, off healing (Lay on Hands or them 3k Flash of Light crits), cleansing poisons, stuff like that. You're not gonna be running around killing everything in sight, crit or str build but you're a strong support. At least, this is my understanding of current level 20 ret paladin.

I've been wanting to make a ret paladin for awhile now and I've just been re-specing my holy paladins on and off. After seeing this thread, I thought it was an interesting idea so I made a ret paladin.

Retribooshin @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft

Rings were a pain and my satchel luck has been terrible, but pretty fun so far! Not sure how I'm gonna hitcap after boas, really don't want to have to get DPR.

Users who are viewing this thread