Rate my F2P Assassination Rogue

Rtemisia

Legend
Hello Everyone.

I had a paid account on WOW until I realized I could have just as much fun (and have more of a challenge) twinking a F2P toon. I'm still working on it and would like your opinions on how I can better equip my toon. I'm kinda at a standstill not knowing exactly what I should look for at this stage. I've only done quests, dungeons, and the two war games.

I think I'd be better off with another wicked dagger, that's the only thing I know for sure.

Let me know what you think. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rtemisia @ Garona - Community - World of Warcraft

There is a Rate-A-Twink section on the site dedicated to this kind of thing that you can use once you get to 10 posts. You can also probably get a lot of good information by looking at other people's "Rate my Rogue" posts there.

I won't list everything (you can check out the forum I linked for that) but here's some stuff you could start with:

A good place to start working would be professions. You'll want to level Leatherworking (for Medium Armor Kit) and then Enchanting (for weapon, chest, cloak, and wrist enchants) before eventually picking up Alchemy for Elixir of Minor Agility and Swiftness Potions.

Easy upgrades:

Wicked Dagger
Black Wolf Bracers or Bands of Serra'kis
Smelting Pants (if you can stay hit-capped)
Ello's Band
Tumultuous Cloak of the Bandit

Beyond that, most upgrades are either heirlooms or pretty rare drops and may take a while to get. Check out the other rating threads, look at rogue armory profiles to see what other people are using, and go from there.

Yeah, I tried the Rate A Twink forum but wanted an answer in the next couple of days. I don't think I could post 7 true replies to posts by then. :)

Smelting Pants are better than Hogger's Trousers? Wow.

And thanks for your reponse. I'm still new, so I figured there would be some easy-to-identify upgrades.

Thank you. :)

Get forest leather bracers, they have 5 agility, then save gold for a stam enchant on them. Then max your skinning and mining out as far as you can go to maximize there benefits. Also level first aid to the max to get the max benefits of the higher healing for when you get away and can heal a lot more hp in a lot less time. Since you don't have a profession that uses skinning or mining you should save what you get and sell it in the AH to save up for enchants, enchants are a huge part of twinking. Also, sub is a lot better in low level pvp. The other specs arn't very well at low level until you get higher level and get the other skills.

I can help you out a lot if you would like, add my battletag Dylan#11931

Hello Everyone.

I had a paid account on WOW until I realized I could have just as much fun (and have more of a challenge) twinking a F2P toon. I'm still working on it and would like your opinions on how I can better equip my toon. I'm kinda at a standstill not knowing exactly what I should look for at this stage. I've only done quests, dungeons, and the two war games.

I think I'd be better off with another wicked dagger, that's the only thing I know for sure.

Let me know what you think. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rtemisia @ Garona - Community - World of Warcraft
As Assasination you'd want as much crit as possible, so I'd say get Black Wolf Bracers, another Wicked Dagger, Tumutltuos Cloak of the Bandit, and ofc enchants and armor kits :)

There is a Rate-A-Twink section on the site dedicated to this kind of thing that you can use once you get to 10 posts. You can also probably get a lot of good information by looking at other people's "Rate my Rogue" posts there.

I won't list everything (you can check out the forum I linked for that) but here's some stuff you could start with:

A good place to start working would be professions. You'll want to level Leatherworking (for Medium Armor Kit) and then Enchanting (for weapon, chest, cloak, and wrist enchants) before eventually picking up Alchemy for Elixir of Minor Agility and Swiftness Potions.

Easy upgrades:

Wicked Dagger
Black Wolf Bracers or Bands of Serra'kis
Smelting Pants (if you can stay hit-capped)
Ello's Band
Tumultuous Cloak of the Bandit

Beyond that, most upgrades are either heirlooms or pretty rare drops and may take a while to get. Check out the other rating threads, look at rogue armory profiles to see what other people are using, and go from there.

Yes get the shadowcraft chest and shoulders, get another wicked dagger, use an AGM or inherited mark of tyranny, Ellos band, and smelting pants. Also first in professions max out leather working and put on ur plus 16 armor kits, then after you did that and made extras, switch for enchanting and put one agil on brackers, 15 health on chest, 10 armor on back, and minor striking on daggers. Then after that get herbalism and alchemy for health and speed pots, along with minor agil pot.
Good luck

P.S. Ring of precision and foremans gloves are hard to get but are BIS if you can get your hands on them.

Thanks for the extra tips guys! It really helps a noob like me. :)

I'm going to start on professions soon. It took me long enough to get mining and skinning up. I changed professions at least six times so far, but never thought of looking up leatherworking and herbalism for their benefits. I only looked at engineering and jewelcrafting. Of course, I was looking at the wrong things.

I'm currently working on earning enough tickets for Darkmoon Faire heirlooms. And maybe a monkey with a fez, 'cause those are cool.

Thanks again guys, and if anyone can add more info I'd greatly appreciate it! Now back to the grind...

Get Justice heirlooms, Arena Grand Master, PvP Heirloom trinket.
Also level Leatherworking and Echanting for the obvious benefits, then take Alchemy and Herbalism after for potions and Lifebloom.
You can change your weapons to something like:

Wicked Dagger x2 which is easy to farm.
Other Weapons you can get too is
Axe of the Enforcer
Doomspike
Heirloom weapons

If you really want to get the best of the best you can try farm for Ring Of Precision too, but that can take alot of time to get.

Good Luck

Get forest leather bracers, they have 5 agility, then save gold for a stam enchant on them. Then max your skinning and mining out as far as you can go to maximize there benefits. Also level first aid to the max to get the max benefits of the higher healing for when you get away and can heal a lot more hp in a lot less time. Since you don't have a profession that uses skinning or mining you should save what you get and sell it in the AH to save up for enchants, enchants are a huge part of twinking. Also, sub is a lot better in low level pvp. The other specs arn't very well at low level until you get higher level and get the other skills.

I can help you out a lot if you would like, add my battletag Dylan#11931

think ur in the wrong place.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Nice twink. For assassination, keep in mind a lot of your damage comes from poisons from auto attacks, so stacking hit is a good idea. =)

Users who are viewing this thread