Rate my 20 DPS Prot Warrior

Gulbon

Legend
Due to my F2P account being hacked a few weeks ago, I've been playing my P2P twinks a lot lately. I've been playing this character a few times the past week or two, so you've probably seen me in the BGs.

I am not aiming for this to be glass canon either, hence why my DPS set just tends tobe DPS gear with stamina and crit enchants. I just find this setup ideal for this bracket.

Crossfaction geared
DPS set
I have BiS stamina boots with 14 stamina enchant in my inventory
I also have two demon bands in my inventory
I have resist gear for hunters in my inventory
I also have the BoA 1H sword with colossus in my inventory

I have 24.19% crit unbuffed, executioner gives me roughly 60ish-70ish% crit.

I sadly don't have a BiS stam set, however my DPS set combined with BG buffs from random 24s and scaling usually sets me at 3000 health and I end up often FCing.

Kaythanksbai @ Kil'jaeden - Community - World of Warcraft

I'm thinking about dropping herbalism for engineering.

Str stacking as prot = 0/10 :(

Nah seriously it's a pretty cool set, only thing I can see is wrong is cloak enchant which would probably be +12 pvp power instead of stamina. 9/10 for a str set, but still 0/10 for prot dps set :D

Str stacking as prot = 0/10 :(

Nah seriously it's a pretty cool set, only thing I can see is wrong is cloak enchant which would probably be +12 pvp power instead of stamina. 9/10 for a str set, but still 0/10 for prot dps set :D

I stacked stamina enchants and a mix between str and crit for regular gear. At this level there's not enough items with crit (excluding enchants) in my opinion to justify stacking crit gear. I had a choice between stacking stamina enchants or crit enchants, but I figured my crit was already at a healthy level at 25% unbuffed so I stacked stamina with maybe one or two strength enchants.

I'm not aiming for a glass canon or focusing on one stat, mostly for a well rounded character with a focus on DPS.

I stacked stamina enchants and a mix between str and crit for regular gear. At this level there's not enough items with crit (excluding enchants) in my opinion to justify stacking crit gear. I had a choice between stacking stamina enchants or crit enchants, but I figured my crit was already at a healthy level at 25% unbuffed so I stacked stamina with maybe one or two strength enchants.

I'm not aiming for a glass canon or focusing on one stat, mostly for a well rounded character.

IMO there's not enough abilities at this level for prot that scale well enough with strength to justify stacking it =/ but what the hell, it's 20-24 which isn't very serious business and if that set works for you, why the fug not. A nice looking twink.

IMO there's not enough abilities at this level for prot that scale well enough with strength to justify stacking it =/ but what the hell, it's 20-24 which isn't very serious business and if that set works for you, why the fug not. A nice looking twink.

Yeah, for a warrior, stacking anything is usually bad at this level.

If you stack crit, you lose out on health and just depend on the RNG

If you stack str, you lose out on health and damage

But if you mix Str, crit, and health at this level, it usually creates the best twink in my opinion.

crit/stam. all you need. also I think it'd be choice to go ahead and level. I dont think there is any gear for prot dps you can scale all that well. my prot dps set puts me at 2978 hp unbuffed 29.89% crit and I still have plenty of AP to boot. I'd imagine with scaling crit goes down abit and windsong=/> executioner I do believe I know haste is a useless proc but it procs so often. It's debatable on 2her but for 1hers windsong is great.
Windsong= 13% often exec= 20.80% unpredictable(with scaling). I do know that crit scales really poorly for some reason on my rogue. I'd imagine it's the same deal for other classes.
Sorry about your f2p acc.

Never tested executioner proc rate as prot. going to test over a few BGs and see if I change my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread