Quick, Easy, Solo - Infinite Bogling Root Farm

Jonnes

Level One-Derful
The https://www.wowhead.com/item=5206/bogling-root is a longtime staple of level one twink buffs, and I'm constantly telling my buddies about this method of farming them. I decided to write up a guide to save time explaining it, and also to simply share it with the community.

This guide's wording assumes that you've completed all of the Teldrassil quests already on your level one twink. If you haven't, follow along on your twink as well until I say otherwise. It also assumes you're Alliance, so if you're Horde replace "Twink" with "Alliance Character" or something... I guess.

The first thing you need to do is make a second (free) WoW account. You can have multiple on the same battle.net account. I recommend that you use the same battle.net so that you don't have to do exile's reach, and can pop heirlooms on. To do this, go to battle.net, log in, go to Account Settings from the top right dropdown menu, then Games & Subscriptions, then scroll down and click this.

vdYxVj6.png

Next, make a fresh Night Elf character in the original start zone. Once on that character, skip Shadowglen and go straight to Dolanaar. Skip the satyr too, you don't need to do his quest or the followup that punishes him.

zrGKXZq.png

Do the quests that go through the furbolg storyline, and stop once you have brought the earth samples to Denalan.

vmNy8yD.png

This is the listed "storyline" for Teldrassil, but not all of these quests are necessary. I mentioned before that Zenn's bidding and Seek Redemption aren't, but as for the rest, I'm fairly certain you must do all of them up until you turn in Ursal the Mauler. You should be able to do Denalan's Earth directly following that.

Once you turn that in, you are now able to pick up the "Timberling Seeds" and the "Timberling Sprouts" quests.
You don't need to do them. Run down to this marker, and click on the big glowing plant.

M8Vf2Ii.png

EiB1qZV.jpg

If you've done everything correctly up to this point, you should be able to get the "The Glowing Fruit" quest on your Nelf. Once it's visible, you can afk on this new Night Elf Character. If you are one of the people who hasn't done the Teldrassil quests on your twink, then complete "The Glowing Fruit" now ON YOUR TWINK AND NOT THE NEW NIGHT ELF. Turning in the quest to Denelan will spawn the Boglings which can be looted for roots.

Form a party with your level one twink and the night elf character. I recommend the Night Elf stays AFK sitting inside of the big fruit if you don't feel like moving to hide them from danger, as I've never had anything attack me while sitting inside of it. On your twink, turn Party Sync on. Tab over to your Nelf character and accept it.

yB4QSL3.png

Because your twink has completed the quest and your Nelf has not, you will then be able to complete the party sync version of the quest on your Twink. Again, do not do anything on your Nelf. Just sit there in the party. Grab the quest and walk the 200ish yards to Denalan. Turn in the Party Sync version of the quest. The flag that spawns the Boglings is still triggered, so you can loot them for the three roots.

KBgzJfl.jpg

j7MAm3R.png

WZ4si7J.png

After this, end Party Sync, and then immediately re-enable it. Run back to the glowing fruit and you will be able to accept the quest again! This is because for as long as your Nelf is on that part of the questline, every fresh instance of party sync will start you there, and thus every turn in will spawn the Boglings. Neat, huh?

6e6AUJq.jpg

These things only stack up to ten each inventory slot, so make sure you brought some space. Happy Bogging!

TL;DR - Use a character on another account, abuse party sync resets once they reach the quest that spawns Boglings by repeating it on your twink while the alt is AFK.

Users who are viewing this thread