Questions for Defining New 19 balance

We are seeing a lot of new gear and with the new gear comes interesting new combat ratings that were previously only seen on higher level gear.

This includes +hit, +resilience, +armor penetration, +crit rating, +expertise

Does anyone have any idea what the ratings are for 1%. Also, Most people will probably be interested in an agility vs crit rating comparison.

There aren't any definite comparisons because as your crit/dodge percentages get higher, each point of agility gives less and less. The only way to show it well is with a curve on a graph.

You are right, but i'm gonna need some numbers. Just playing around with gear I found that at 9 crit rating 2.96 crit rating = 1.00% crit chance, at 13 crit rating 2.96 crit was equal to 1%. at 53 crit rating (rallying cry) 2.96 crit rating still = 1% crit chance. This seems to be scaling in a linear fashion!

However at 37 agil 4.5 agil = 1 crit chance and at 76 agil 5.6 agil = 1% crit chance.

So initially I would say that 3 crit rating is between 5-6 agil. A weapon with +6 crit rating could be compared to a weapon with 10-12 agility! And as you stack crit rating it begins to out weigh agility by a missive amount. Moral of the story stack crit rating before agility!

This is particularly interesting for pallies because +crit rating on gear also means spell critical rating goes up. But here 3.5 crit rating = 1% (I took shoulders off and put them back on). At 39 int 7.42 int was = 1% crit with spells and at 105 int 12.38 int was = 1% crit with spells.

Disclaimer: Yes I know agility also benefits dodge, armor, and AP in some cases so a direct comparison is hard to make.

And thats why agility still is the most powerfull stat for some classes. Lets face it, in a 1 - 1 most agi rogues will just vaporize most of casters and other melee. They gain aswel high AP and crit and dodge and armor.

If you want to do dmg in 19 just go for rogue as they have best stats in the game. Other classes are just not fitted for burst dmg as them and need to stay away from rogues.

Nevertheless crit rating benefits spellcrit and melee crit. beats trying to stack in and agil for pallies

AsEeL said:
And thats why agility still is the most powerfull stat for some classes. Lets face it, in a 1 - 1 most agi rogues will just vaporize most of casters and other melee. They gain aswel high AP and crit and dodge and armor.

If you want to do dmg in 19 just go for rogue as they have best stats in the game. Other classes are just not fitted for burst dmg as them and need to stay away from rogues.

I'm wondering if you've ever played in the 19 bracket, since if you did, you'd realize it's pretty damn easy to take out a rogue 1v1. Especially if you're a hunter. The important thing is to not let the rogue get close to you. For a caster it usually means run while casting instant spells (fear/earthbind when rogue pops sprint). For other classes you just simply have to kite them while you damage them.

back to the original topic...

yeah +hit rating is cool, as long as you are not stacking more then the usual 5% in PVP !

that should be around 11 hit rating if you need numbers.

+resillience on the other hand is very good at low level.

of course with the actuallity the res cap cannot be attained at any level including 80 which is why many people thinks resillience is starting to suck badly. but still a priest (what i am doing) is generally taking advantage of resillience just because it diminish the crits on the other side. less mana drains, less damage taken, less crit taken, less damage from crit if they happen. i am not even finish with in the resillience department and i'm already taking 2% less crit and about 4% less damage from those crits and i got like only 15 resillience rating and i am not finished in getting any more ! i can easily expect a flag carrier warrior or pally get as high as 10% less damage from crit and 5% less crit. this would make it perfect for flag carrying.

crit rating, yeah i don't know the numbers but crit rating is always higher priority then agility, but that is only for the fact that crit gives just that while agility gives AP/dodge and crit ! all the same for all 5 basic stats. they are lower priority then other stats because of the easyness to get them.

expertise, really if one could get that instead of hit and crit, it would be awesome... it disable dodge/parry/block and makes sure that rogue who decides to pop evasion cannot get away. this is the best stat you can get, unfortunately... its the rarest stat of them all, so good luck in trying this one.

by the way... diminishing returns do not work with the number of times you stack one stats, they work with the level you are, the higher the level the higher you'll need to attain the same goal.

exemple:

at 19, 2 agility = 1% dodge

at 80, 32 agility = 1% dodge

there is no diminishing returns from stacking one stat, the level determines the dimisnishing returns ! and i'll try to find the table i had seen once...

Critical Strike Rating

heres the table for agility...

AGI

per 1% Crit

Class --- L. 60 --- L. 70 --- L. 80

-------------------------------------

DK ------ 20 ------ 33 ----- 62.5

Druid --- 20 ------- 40 ----- 83.3

Hunter -- 33 ------ 40 ----- 83.3

Mage --- 20 ------ 25 ----- 51

Paladin - 20 ------ 25 ----- 52.08

Priest -- 20 ------ 25 ------ 52

Rogue -- 29 ------ 40 ----- 83.3

Shaman - 20 ----- 40 ------ 83.3

Warlock - 20 ----- 25 ------ 51

Warrior - 20 ------ 33 ------ 62.5

so basically for agility you'd need to calculate exeactly how much point of agi you need to gain 1%, this number i tryed running once for my 19 hunter and i found that about 3-4 points were enough to give me 1% crit, but that's as much as i could figure !

heres critical sticke rating...

Critical Strike Rating

required for 1% Critical Chance

Level 60 --- Level 70 --- Level 80

-- 14 ------- 22.08 ------ 45.91

that'S what i was basing my numbers upon, again i was able to gain 1% at level 19 with as low as about 2-3 critical strike rating. this is in no way near the real numbers. but by looking at my tables in equipping and unequiping a gear i could find that much.

resillience works not the same since they got it toned down along with the rest of the defensive stats when they made it be like level 34 if you were under that ! so i strickly have no idea of whats the numbers... but i can tell that its still worth getting.

I saw the tables form Wiki also and they didn't give level 19 stats. Best way to determine what is best is just to take gear off and put it back on.

Users who are viewing this thread