Questions about Mage in Shadowlands

Stretch

Grandfathered
Hi all

With Shadowlands out, I thought I'd come back again but had some questions. I have paid for the game before but I want to go Vet Lv 20.

1):What professions should I be leveling?

(I used to take Enchanting and Leatherworking for the armor kits and then replace that when my armor all had kits on it)

2): Is Arcane still the preferred spec for pvp?

3): I see we can get artifact weapons now. Is main hand + offhand the best option or staff?

Thank you for any help!
If anyone has updated Shadowlands characters to show, I'd love to check out your armory!

1.) Alchemy for flask (unless you have lots of gold to spend on Elixirs), Engineering if you want goggles, and/or Inscription if you want to enchant your shoulders with Felfire Inscription. Not sure what the leg enchant for clothies is; ik for str/agi classes its through Leatherworking.

2.) All 3 specs are strong, play what you like, but yes I think Arcane edges out Fire and Frost slightly.

3.) Artifact with 2x +7 Relics (bringing it to i34 total) is BiS for most specs in most situations. Epic Foamspittle might be nice for a vers set if you’re willing to do some farming.

4.) Check out the Vet & F2P Armory sticky on this sub!

1.) Alchemy for flask (unless you have lots of gold to spend on Elixirs), Engineering if you want goggles, and/or Inscription if you want to enchant your shoulders with Felfire Inscription. Not sure what the leg enchant for clothies is; ik for str/agi classes its through Leatherworking.

2.) All 3 specs are strong, play what you like, but yes I think Arcane edges out Fire and Frost slightly.

3.) Artifact with 2x +7 Relics (bringing it to i34 total) is BiS for most specs in most situations. Epic Foamspittle might be nice for a vers set if you’re willing to do some farming.

4.) Check out the Vet & F2P Armory sticky on this sub!

OK cool, Thank you for the help!

I think the sword and offhand would be best with offhand intllect enchants + MH pellpower.
example sword and off hand is 33 intellect at ilvl 31 ( no epic relics for me :( ) and the staff is 35 intellect at the same ilvl.
5 int to off hand and the 13 spellpower to mh will slighty out do staffs.

Users who are viewing this thread