Question regarding silentfang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glancealot

Legend
does it still drop? if so, is it worth getting?

Silent Fang - Item - World of Warcraft

i imagine 2 of these can pretty much shut down any caster completely (except a bubble'd paladin), in fact, shut down 2 casters if they stand close to each other...

but the things is i have collected the full cadaverous set (Cadaverous Garb - Item Set - World of Warcraft) but in the process(30+ runs now, i lost count...) i have NEVER seen this weapon drop a single time.(i even got a headmaster's charge in the process)

so farming 2 of these within 2 days is highly likely to be impossible, plus i am not even sure if it still drops at all, maybe blizzard found it too hard to balance so they decided to simply remove it completely without nerfing the existing ones.

Looks like it was hotfixed so it has DR's now.

Hotfix (2009-04-08): "We have updated the Silent Fang so the chance to proc decreases starting at level 61 and is no longer possible on targets level 71+. The proc effect also causes diminishing returns with controllable silences such as Improved Counterspell and Strangulate. [1]"

glancealot said:
does it still drop? if so, is it worth getting?

Silent Fang - Item - World of Warcraft

i imagine 2 of these can pretty much shut down any caster completely (except a bubble'd paladin), in fact, shut down 2 casters if they stand close to each other...

but the things is i have collected the full cadaverous set (Cadaverous Garb - Item Set - World of Warcraft) but in the process(30+ runs now, i lost count...) i have NEVER seen this weapon drop a single time.(i even got a headmaster's charge in the process)

so farming 2 of these within 2 days is highly likely to be impossible, plus i am not even sure if it still drops at all, maybe blizzard found it too hard to balance so they decided to simply remove it completely without nerfing the existing ones.

remember you need to enchant your gear as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread