Question regarding Alchemist Flask vs. Inscription shoulder enchant

not sure why warriors pass up nets and bombs, 12 str in bgs is not going to make or break you but a well times net on that hunter might win you the fight.

Should I pick up and keep inscription for the shoulder enchant rather than keeping my alchemist's flask? Someone told me that I should because I can use a consumable flask to get a similar buff to the alchemist flask while I have the shoulder enchant, but I can't seem to find any flasks that compare to the +9 str buff that a level 20 toon can use. So unless there are consumables nearly as good, I can't see why I'd drop alchemy for a shoulder enchant.
Something that I think is worth considering as well as the flask from alchemy (I could be wrong so take this with a grain of salt—hopefully someone more experienced will weigh in) is that alchemy offers other useful things, some of which come from recipes you have to farm, for example I get a fair bit of use out of swiftness potions. Free/living action potions I understand are useful too, and it's nice to have water walking elixirs. I'm tossing up tailoring as a second profession for the nets (quite handy on a low-mobility paladin or priest), which only require one skill point, so dropping tailoring to farm herbs, make pots, then switch back would be very doable. If you needed 75 Pandaria engineering for your goggles it'd be a different story I suppose.

Hes right tho. Good players dont need anything. Only the noobs run around with bags full of drums, nets and saltwaters.

You can “play correctly and you won’t need X” your way of literally anything, surely.
The arena ladder is currently dominated by guys using what can be charitably called "decent starter gear"

If you play well, it really and truly doesnt matter.

For the rest of us scrubs though, yea. min/max that gear!

What I meant is that pretty much every class has a slow. Just because yours doesn't this doesn't mean you need one. Just play around your team which you should be doing anyway and you won't have any trouble chasing people. Well, if you're trying to 1v1 a shaman or a mage then yeah you're gonna get kited no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread