Question for my fellow Prot Pally FCs

Waterworks

Moooderator
I'm currently farming chests for Magician's Mantle and Silver-Linked Footguards to round out my stamina set, pushing me to a nice 2003 health unbuffed. However, I'm wondering if the extra stamina from MM outweighs the armor and resilience I get from Strengthened Stockade Pauldrons? If anyone has tested this out as far as damage reduction vs survivability, I would love to get some feedback.

I'm not 100% on this, but I vaguely remember someone doing the stam/resil calculations awhile back and determining that resil begins to outweigh stam point for point around 1830 health. If you want an excuse to stop chest farming completely, I personally wouldn't want to give up the hit on Boots of the Hero. I'm sure your sanity would've appreciated me making these things up a week ago...

Off-topic - pocket heals inc :D

1. Intelligence is a totally useless stat for prot paladins in MOP. It no longer grants spell power or mana. 2. Prot's spell power coefficienct has been buffed from 60% of your strength to 100% of your strength (50% of your attack power). 3. Word of Glory basically doesn't have a cooldown anymore (1.5 seconds) and is off the global cooldown for prot. Taking all of this into consideration, it all boils down to whether you think it's worth trading 10 attack power, 5 spell power (i.e. stronger WOGs, which will become a prot staple in MOP, and healing in general), 156 armor and 2.72% resilience for 7 stamina. Since I'll probably have over 2K hit points unbuffed in MOP, I doubt I'll ever equip MM again.

Users who are viewing this thread