Question about Shadow Oil/Frost Oil

Yapah

Legend
As some of you may know, Shadow Oil - Item - World of Warcraft works on Shadowfang. Since SF is ilevel 24 it can be put on through a trade window, my question is does the 15% chance to proc apply to hemo's too? If not is it worth using this over Heavy Sharpening Stone - Item - World of Warcraft

Same question about Emil's Brand - Item - World of Warcraft. Does Frost Oil - Item - World of Warcraft. proc off warrior abilites or white hits only? And is it worth using this over loom 2h (if you have frost oil on it)?

Would be appreciated if someone could shed some light on this topic

-Sapah
-Rapah

Oils do proc on melee specials.

Both oils are better than sharpening stone.

I had an Emil's with Icy and frost oil macroed to WC spam on my hunter for constant CC, pre stat stick nerf.

Theoretically you could use Emil's with sader and frost oil on a warr, if you got sader proc swap to BaR for a chance at a double sader on a possibly slowed target. Might be a chance for a bit more ToT.

Oils do proc on melee specials.

Both oils are better than sharpening stone.

I had an Emil's with Icy and frost oil macroed to WC spam on my hunter for constant CC, pre stat stick nerf.

Theoretically you could use Emil's with sader and frost oil on a warr, if you got sader proc swap to BaR for a chance at a double sader on a possibly slowed target. Might be a chance for a bit more ToT.

Yeah I plan to do this on my warrior. The tricky part is gonna be getting frost oil on the weapon since I need someone that is at least lvl 30 to put it on for me. I guess I'm just gonna sit in SW and as soon as I get a pop I'm gonna ask people in SW to do it for me. I have the Capping battlegrounds addon so it tells me how long I have left before my wsg pop goes away and I can't enter anymore so that will help.

Does double crusader only work with 2 diff weps?

You can stack as much crusaders as you want, as long as you have enough weapons and most importantly, a shitload of luck with the procs ^^ We've tried it with Critrage and we've gotten at least 4 simultaenous procs, not sure if he has ever gotten 5 but yeah, I would imagine there is not a set cap for stacking crusa.

Last edited by a moderator:
My third eye senses your aura and it doesn't seem well. Have you been meditating regularly?

And thank you for spotting the typo!
You're welcome.

But it's still not correct since swapping weapons triggers the GCD and resets your auto hits which limits the amount of crusader buffs even if it proc'd on every hit d:

Double crusader works as long as wehn you get a proc you switch weapons to another that has crusader. if it procs you get 100+ for both (different timer and buff). the chances of having any more then those is low bc of the uptime. but in theory, if you crusader would proc the first time you swing, you could hold multiple crusaders. most people use BoA axe til crusader pops, then switch to Emil's Brand for its potental to proc another Crusader. if you get both and still have them up you can switch to PVP sword and hope for another quick proc. i say this for the resil but pick w/e weapon you wish. another option is to just switch back to BoA axe in hopes of a refresh on crusader!

Double crusader works as long as wehn you get a proc you switch weapons to another that has crusader. if it procs you get 100+ for both (different timer and buff). the chances of having any more then those is low bc of the uptime. but in theory, if you crusader would proc the first time you swing, you could hold multiple crusaders. most people use BoA axe til crusader pops, then switch to Emil's Brand for its potental to proc another Crusader. if you get both and still have them up you can switch to PVP sword and hope for another quick proc. i say this for the resil but pick w/e weapon you wish. another option is to just switch back to BoA axe in hopes of a refresh on crusader!

Or use your Runic Darkblade - Item - World of Warcraft or Seraph's Strike - Item - World of Warcraft

Pre Boa, Runic was top dmg 2 hand. I had a dps warr with it and rolled a diff one for FC.

for horde (pretty sure Glacial Stone was better). Almost all the time (Smites was better for a short while in wotlk).

But most warriors I saw back then were prot (the few that were warriors). I just havent seen many of them.

for horde (pretty sure Glacial Stone was better). Almost all the time (Smites was better for a short while in wotlk).

But most warriors I saw back then were prot (the few that were warriors). I just havent seen many of them.

Yeah i was Horde only, and liked to duel alot. sword and board till burst time. then needed something hard hitting.

Users who are viewing this thread