q pop killing?

There are 10. Seven on one side and three on another. 5 healers is not too much for 20 players, ideally it should be 6 heals(3 and 3).
WSG is old and stale. We do have another option.
The issue with wargames is they take too long to organize. You have to get into Skype(DDoSer heaven). You have to have all 20 people ready at the same moment. Invariably someone is in the bathroom or taking a smoke break or getting a drink or letting their dog out. Or they D/C. Or anything. It is like herding cats.
Not everyone has time for that bull. Some of us like to log on. Type "H", enter queue, done. Rinse repeat a couple times and log out. That is it, we do not have 4-8 hours each and every day to sit and play WoW. If you do, great. Good for you.

/cheers

Weekday wargames are just SO privy to DDoSing... rofl you're more lost than I am at ramp.

"/cheers"

I think everyone misunderstood what i mean, i understand the eu guys have to schedule premades at weird times, go for it. I'm talking about people who group up in sw trying to get wargames against other pug groups. Remind you that, this is ally wargaming real comps vs each other. So its not a class imbalance, people just dont want to q needed classes for pugs, and get angry when they arent carried enough by the class they chose to play.

also dont b anal about what im saying, i just want to fucking pug on my horde toons, instead having to help a already flourishing ally side.

I want to go back to 2 diff games going on at once, that'd be great!

Weekday wargames are just SO privy to DDoSing... rofl you're more lost than I am at ramp.

"/cheers"

What does DDOSing have to do with queues not popping?
BTW, I am glad to see my "/cheers" is catching on! Imitation is the sincerest form a flattery. /blush

Now to steer back on topic...
The 19's bracket since day one has been full of rogues and hunters. And now ferals. That is why we made them in the first place, to have OP as hell lowbie toons.

Have a nice day!

/salud

What does DDOSing have to do with queues not popping?
BTW, I am glad to see my "/cheers" is catching on! Imitation is the sincerest form a flattery. /blush

Now to steer back on topic...
The 19's bracket since day one has been full of rogues and hunters. And now ferals. That is why we made them in the first place, to have OP as hell lowbie toons.

Have a nice day!

/salud

When in doubt, ask a question.. classic dodge.. stay lost kid.

/urlost

When in doubt, ask a question.. classic dodge.. stay lost kid.

/urlost

Wait, what?... What am I supposed to be dodging now?
Apparently I am infact "lost". Either that or you have went off on some wild tangent. Last I checked this thread was about battleground queues and wargames. I am not sure what you are discussing, but that is what we are discussing.
Have a nice evening.

/cheers

Pugs and only pugs, only support solo queuing and never leaving a game once started win or loss, learn to make this bracket better the right way.

*Edit: I took a week or so break from queuing all night every night because of horrid queues and the complete waste of life...This is after i fully funded a 19 monk real life friend to eventually have him find queues lack to the point that he hardly wants to even come on to see if he can get in a game! See something wrong with that? That is the reality of new players...yeah maybe ill start playing again nightly (my friends been playing while i been taking a break away & saying he is having fun but queues blow to the point with work its hardly ever worth it) if i can't queue at night when we should be able to get games why bother? Better off farming in the xp on bracket again...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think part of the issue being that there's really no group besides HARVEST to give Skill Ratio a competitive game. Pug comps are just too random. People get tired of getting teamed up with random rogue bads on ally, and switch to the winning side, only compounding the problem. I don't think this problem is going to get better until we get some sort of pug-made activity with voice chat.

We started using the new Curse Voice client when we were doing wargames, and it looks promising. It's a lot like Skype, but it claims to not give up IPs like Skype, and it's geared towards gamers. It also syncs with your battle.net friends list, so it's real easy to set up groups. I'd suggest everybody get it downloaded, so we can group up with communication and a decent comp to give SR some competition. Otherwise, we're just going to end up with a bunch of three cap games, which probably isn't very fun for either side, and leads to people stop queueing for the night.

Also, signing up in the twink networking thread would probably expedite the whole coordination thing, we should probably get on there so we can see who's queueing and team up.

Also you say "part of the issue being that there's really no group besides HARVEST to give Skill Ratio a competitive game" To that i say i am a 40+ hr worker so no time to setup 5 man voice chat team like them, with also the familiarity and consistency formed over years ready for games asap nightly, BUT they don't support solo queuing nightly and that is disappointing.
A higher population of twink base in general solo queuing would eventually fix this, our problem...overly dedicated rogues that want to play a lot in a slim bracket...your result!

Ye well ill admit I have begun to /afk games my self, I find the games so boring playing with 4-5 rogues every game. That being said, most of the times I can Only stay up for the first 2-3 Pops that happends a night due to my job, so I do not expect those games to be good in any way.

Also you say "part of the issue being that there's really no group besides HARVEST to give Skill Ratio a competitive game" To that i say i am a 40+ hr worker so no time to setup 5 man voice chat team like them, with also the familiarity and consistency formed over years ready for games asap nightly, BUT they don't support solo queuing nightly and that is disappointing.
A higher population of twink base in general solo queuing would eventually fix this, our problem...overly dedicated rogues that want to play a lot in a slim bracket...your result!
I may not have alluded to it, but a point that I meant to make is that not everyone has to group queue. One group on the opposite faction can change the tide, and balance things out. Many people seem to switch to the stronger faction after losing to the horde premade a few times, which eventually kills queues. If an alliance group could give them some solid competition, so that it's not just 5 rogue teams getting three-capped on, it could help keep queues alive. Alliance needs a group with good players, a solid comp, and coordination to do this.

Some people get mad at Skill Ratio for grouping when there's only pugs on alliance, and wish they would stop. I think that this is not necessarily the answer. I think that they would much rather a group of players give them a game, and raise the bar of competition. Pug comps are just too random, having a solid 5-man core to balance things out would really help the bracket.

I think that this is not necessarily the answer. I think that they would much rather a group of players give them a game, and raise the bar of competition. Pug comps are just too random, having a solid 5-man core to balance things out would really help the bracket.

I am sure of that too, but maybe a little more leniency on the coordination of player base for each side...i understand you want high competition, but do you really get that rolling with 5 people many a nights to win every game or get extremely stressed out over a loss and complain about your teammates who ever they may be new or not, you are creating a stressful environment new players quickly want to stray away from.

You can do what you do in pugs at night very well and often...can you not find the time to do that at another time not during our suppose to be queues? It would be appreciated. Thank you.

Pugs and only pugs, only support solo queuing and never leaving a game once started win or loss, learn to make this bracket better the right

Darkdub is spot on. If people continue to reroll FotM classes(which is their choice) and continue to /AFK at the first sign of a loss the 19's will just shrivel up. It is something we ALL have to do together. All the new people are just getting ran off by premades and going back to XP on. Do we want that? Or do we want to nurture them into becoming the great twinks that they could become?

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread