PvP Priest (Primarily Shadow) BiS List

BlackBerry, would you recommend vers > haste for spriest or a combination of both? I thought priests in general wanted to balance the 2, but I could be wrong. If pure vers stacking with haste neglect is viable, I might just have some leveling to do. o_O

Edit: pieces other than whitemend and spellfire btw
[doublepost=1555958683,1555958432][/doublepost]
I do recommend haste vers

Just out of curiosity, what %s haste and vers would you 'end up at' once you finished gearing a 70 SP. In BGs of course.

I only have a 79 (armory link is in my sig), but her gear is for the most part usable by 70s, so this should give you a rough idea. Gem count is: 13 5int/4haste, 2 5int/4versa, 1 5int/5crit (should replace that one), 1 7int and 1 6 all stats, I stand at 11.72% haste, 9.81% crit, and 9.76%/4.88% versa. My primary goal was to stack as much spellpower as I could, and then have a healthy mix of haste and versa.

Note that this is with both crafted sets, which really reduces your overall secondaries due to their low ilvl. As a 70 with the same (or similar) gear you'll probably have a couple of percent more due to better scaling. If you opt out of one or both crafted sets, your haste/versa will increase noticeably (at the expense of lost spellpower, of course).

For the record, with wizard oil, flask and mage buff I sit at 1091 spellpower before my on-use trinket. I can break 1100 with better ilvl neck/ring and offhand (and change the stamina glove enchant), but let's face it, the bracket is dead now for 79s so I haven't bothered.

Void sphere is what makes SP so tanky this bracket. The scaling is nuts because twink scaling is nuts. No build-up either. And I have at least 100 games as SP this bracket
Wasn't the void sphere changed in 8.1 to just give 3 versa instead of weirdly scaling resists? Or am I missing something?

Wasn't the void sphere changed in 8.1 to just give 3 versa instead of weirdly scaling resists? Or am I missing something?
Oh didn't realise it had been changed, I have been quit for quite a while
[doublepost=1556022462,1556022268][/doublepost]https://www.wowhead.com/spell=280749/void-shield
Sorry, I meant this. 30% of dmg shielded is nuts with twink dmg and shield on a 6 sec CD. You're vulnerable to spell steal and purges but most people didn't bother when I played.

[doublepost=1556022462,1556022268][/doublepost]https://www.wowhead.com/spell=280749/void-shield
Sorry, I meant this. 30% of dmg shielded is nuts with twink dmg and shield on a 6 sec CD. You're vulnerable to spell steal and purges but most people didn't bother when I played.
You said void sphere, 2 different things

Ah i see. Yeah towards the end of 8.1 there were tons of mage twinks so that wasn't a talent I would have used.

Ah i see. Yeah towards the end of 8.1 there were tons of mage twinks so that wasn't a talent I would have used.
I agree with you in theory because mage has always been one of the highest represented classes in 70-79. In practice, you, Rngmonsterx, Ssac, Mekk and occasionally Lellio (when he wasn't being babysat by Ssacc doing it for him) were the only players to ever bother purging me. It worked pretty damn well. Amazingly strong vs non-enhancement melees!

Users who are viewing this thread