PvP lvl 20 TierList (Battleground)

Not sure why BM always get a bad wrap, its legit.
I was surprised to see that as BM I was hitting as hard as with MM, but my pet was hitting more. The problem is that a good part of the damage is rather dealt over a few seconds, and you have no sudden burst of damage like Aimed Shot.

I was surprised to see that as BM I was hitting as hard as with MM, but my pet was hitting more. The problem is that a good part of the damage is rather dealt over a few seconds, and you have no sudden burst of damage like Aimed Shot.
BM Hunter is just as good as the other 2 specs. To be honest, all 3 Hunter specs are killer…..
BM has the advantage of constant dps pressure, and if u use Killer Instinct it’s like a pet kill-shot!
Keep Barbed up and ur pet will slap silly whoever he’s on! PepeLaugh

if u use Killer Instinct it’s like a pet kill-shot!
I searched the forum in case anyone made a post about this talent and this result popped up :)

Am I missing anything, or would the 2x pets do more damage overall? I believe the KI talent does 1.5x damage only in their last bit of health but the AC one would do 1.3x damage for the entirety of the fight (while also having more targets for the enemy to take accidental hits, eat traps, etc.). You also get double the bonus from Mend Pet heal when you have leech.

Without doing any testing myself, only doing some rough calcs, I feel like you would do more damage on an equal number of Kill Commands unless they stay <35% hp the entire time in which case the KI does more. Just curious to how it plays out in actual PVP since you seem to have experience with it. Thanks!

I searched the forum in case anyone made a post about this talent and this result popped up :)
Haha nice ;)

Am I missing anything, or would the 2x pets do more damage overall? I believe the KI talent does 1.5x damage only in their last bit of health but the AC one would do 1.3x damage for the entirety of the fight (while also having more targets for the enemy to take accidental hits, eat traps, etc.). You also get double the bonus from Mend Pet heal when you have leech.

Without doing any testing myself, only doing some rough calcs, I feel like you would do more damage on an equal number of Kill Commands unless they stay <35% hp the entire time in which case the KI does more. Just curious to how it plays out in actual PVP since you seem to have experience with it. Thanks!
It’s been a while since I’ve played my Hunter, but being BM, I really tried to make Animal Companion work. I wanted nothing more than to have 2 x pets alongside, but my dps would generally drop even though I had the 2 pets.

I recall the pets don’t hit as hard when u have 2 out, and Kill Command was quite a bit lower in damage.

From what I recall, if ur testing dps on a target dummy, the Animal Companion will slightly do better, but in PvE and PvP when targets drop below 35%, I found Killer Instinct overtook by quite a bit in dps.

In the end I settled with Killer Instinct. Also helps with pressure when trying to drop a healer when they start getting low and ur pet starts ripping faces off :eek:

lso helps with pressure when trying to drop a healer when they start getting low and ur pet starts ripping faces off :eek:
Thanks for the reply and the info. I'll be giving it a red hot go on my end :)

I think out of all the BM hunters I see, the Animal Companion is used like 80% of the time so I am super curious to the 20% (including you) has going on. Wish me luck :PepeComfy:

Thanks for the reply and the info. I'll be giving it a red hot go on my end :)

I think out of all the BM hunters I see, the Animal Companion is used like 80% of the time so I am super curious to the 20% (including you) has going on. Wish me luck :PepeComfy:
You got this…..
Good luck ;)
Please share results once u have some testing up ur sleeve.

Haha nice ;)

It’s been a while since I’ve played my Hunter, but being BM, I really tried to make Animal Companion work. I wanted nothing more than to have 2 x pets alongside, but my dps would generally drop even though I had the 2 pets.

I recall the pets don’t hit as hard when u have 2 out, and Kill Command was quite a bit lower in damage.

From what I recall, if ur testing dps on a target dummy, the Animal Companion will slightly do better, but in PvE and PvP when targets drop below 35%, I found Killer Instinct overtook by quite a bit in dps.

In the end I settled with Killer Instinct. Also helps with pressure when trying to drop a healer when they start getting low and ur pet starts ripping faces off :eek:

Well said Icehawk. I myself have been running Animal Companion as of late when I play BM, but I am also a fan of Killer Instinct. Animal Companion is overall more dps but your burst dmg is nonexistent. Certain maps can be a pain having 2 pets, they tend to bug out. So you have to dismiss and re-summon alot, kinda of annoying.

share results once u have some testing up ur sleeve
So I've done a bit more testing, and while I can certainly see the appeal of the KI burst, I feel like the AC talent suits my play style a little more :)

The crits from the AC were VERY nice. 1k crits in PVE, couldn't recall how high they got in PVP but yeah it was a big number compared to how the double pets hit. The only problem was, in PVE, this was overkill. Only dungeon bosses have that much HP left after getting to 35%, and for everything else it is overkill

And for PVP, I felt that the slower damage of the 1 pet made me feel less effective. When the burst came in, yeah the people melted :D but it felt that it certainly took longer to get there. Perhaps not by a huge amount, but enough to be noticeable

The icetrap thing wasn't as important as I thought it would be. My main pet got disabled about the same amount.

But the heals! I enjoyed getting double the HP back from mend pet + leech.

Certainly see the appeal for guaranteeing a kill, especially after they underestimate the dmg and don't even start healing yet. But AC is my jam, even if I have to dismiss + resummon the pet every BG :Sadge:

So I've done a bit more testing, and while I can certainly see the appeal of the KI burst, I feel like the AC talent suits my play style a little more :)

The crits from the AC were VERY nice. 1k crits in PVE, couldn't recall how high they got in PVP but yeah it was a big number compared to how the double pets hit. The only problem was, in PVE, this was overkill. Only dungeon bosses have that much HP left after getting to 35%, and for everything else it is overkill

And for PVP, I felt that the slower damage of the 1 pet made me feel less effective. When the burst came in, yeah the people melted :D but it felt that it certainly took longer to get there. Perhaps not by a huge amount, but enough to be noticeable

The icetrap thing wasn't as important as I thought it would be. My main pet got disabled about the same amount.

But the heals! I enjoyed getting double the HP back from mend pet + leech.

Certainly see the appeal for guaranteeing a kill, especially after they underestimate the dmg and don't even start healing yet. But AC is my jam, even if I have to dismiss + resummon the pet every BG :Sadge:
At the end of the day, it comes down to play style, and also….. looking cool. :ez:

U seem to have ticked both boxes, style and coolness so well done.

Hope to rub shoulders with u in bg’s as we strike fear into the hearts of the Horde……

Thanks for updating. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread