PvE challenge?

Ante Amanthe on Argent dawn does Sunwell every sunday, we usually have 25 people, but you can take it down with around 15 ppl, with wotlk gems.

Feel free to come and check us out, alliance side

Odyne, you still alliance? + Camael we need to get togethre and talk a 5 man comp to down swp with

Setup im think = this:

Tank - Camael (on his DK)
Healer - Säsh (Holy Priest)
DPS/OS Tank - Boomkin - ? (Must pull 7-8k DPS unbuffed on dummy - minimum 6k dps + Must have full BIS Feral Tank Gear)
DPS/Healer - Elemental Shaman - Borò (OS: Resto)
DPS - Rogue/Mage - Capable for 7k+ DPS(Every Boss fight) Must be able to produce 7-8k DPS minimum 6k on dummy umbuffed

Having Food buffs/Flasks is essential for this type of thing as we must inscrease DPS whereever possible!

I guess if people are reading this post, pls if you think you may be able to fulfill any of the two rolls currently availible do contact me via PM on this forums, please be prepared to demonstrate DPS!

NOTE: By Demonstrate DPS i'm talking about holding 6k-8k DPS over 5-10 minutes.

Please PM me a Link to your char logged out in FULL BIS PVE GEAR (Will not be taking anyone who is not BIS.

Regards,

Borò

give me a reason why we shouldnt take a dk over a warrior or vice versa....

Dks have the worst defensive cooldowns in the game at 70. They fucking broke the class, or have you not noticed?

Paladins would be best for dps and probably passive survivability (sacred shield is OP), warriors for surviving burst (they have shield wall). Bears and monks are also better than dks just because of the changes to when dks get their core spells (namely everything useful).

I realised pretty quickly i'm not likely to partake in this because most of the people needed to do this are horde :-/ quite a shame.
I can still help on theorycrafting though. I think Splosion is right about a paladin tank being better than a DK. Seems to me you need max dps from the tank and thats a pala by far. As for survivability it's probably equal to a dk if not better

Odyne, you still alliance? + Camael we need to get togethre and talk a 5 man comp to down swp with

Yush.

If I remember correctly, I healed that 7 or 10man. Was definitely difficult to heal, but we got there in the end. Also took awhile to complete seeing the amount of wipes on Brutalus :p
I can remember Cameal being a war tank, not sure about rest of the group. Was along time ago, when I was horde.

Yarr, i'm a warrior indeed.

Setup im think = this:

Tank - Camael (on his DK)
Healer - Säsh (Holy Priest)
DPS/OS Tank - Boomkin - ? (Must pull 7-8k DPS unbuffed on dummy - minimum 6k dps + Must have full BIS Feral Tank Gear)
DPS/Healer - Elemental Shaman - Borò (OS: Resto)
DPS - Rogue/Mage - Capable for 7k+ DPS(Every Boss fight) Must be able to produce 7-8k DPS minimum 6k on dummy umbuffed

Having Food buffs/Flasks is essential for this type of thing as we must inscrease DPS whereever possible!

I guess if people are reading this post, pls if you think you may be able to fulfill any of the two rolls currently availible do contact me via PM on this forums, please be prepared to demonstrate DPS!

NOTE: By Demonstrate DPS i'm talking about holding 6k-8k DPS over 5-10 minutes.

Please PM me a Link to your char logged out in FULL BIS PVE GEAR (Will not be taking anyone who is not BIS.

Regards,

Borò

dk tank are you serious.

Dks have the worst defensive cooldowns in the game at 70. They fucking broke the class, or have you not noticed?
Paladins would be best for dps and probably passive survivability (sacred shield is OP), warriors for surviving burst (they have shield wall). Bears and monks are also better than dks just because of the changes to when dks get their core spells (namely everything useful).

That's true, dk tanks survability got quite nerfed to the ground, yet i doubt we will have a hard time.

As i said Jack, i'm both willing to either tank as dk or warr, both are fine by me and both have 32 k hp.

Not meaning to be harsh man, but if you're pushing for something that poses this much of a challenge, the tank with the most health isn't the only thing you want to consider when choosing a setup. Dks have a hard time because they sit there and just eat damage, and nowhere near as well as they used to either.

I would probably guess a prot pala, disc using mindbender on cd, arcane mage, ele shaman, rogue would be the optimal group for damage providing the setup is 1 tank 1 healer 3 dps.

You need 2 tanks on some fights though right? So best get one with good dps

Yes perhaps your right, 2 prot pala's maybe the thing we need. they could just stack strength, its not like they'd be short of HP

Users who are viewing this thread