PUG etiquette and the essential fallacy of circular logic

pixieology

Legend
I Pugged a wsg with a certain guild sending in 3 representatives out of the 10 on the team. Upon victory, these participants began thanking themselves very loudly about 'their' victory.

They were present - all those present were victorious - therefore, their guild was victorious.

The converse could've certainly been true; although they quite probably would've afk'd out, and then it would've been all 'our' fault.

Is my maths correct? Is it the guild culture that breeds the haughty bullshit and auto-glorification? Some kind of feedback loop that needs to be shattered? "Mission Accomplished" Bush-think?

...Nice Guy Eddie from Reservoir Dogs may have verbalized my base rebuttal with more elan:

"Just you saying it, doesn't fucking make it so!"

what if they did carry the team

How might one quantify that? Maths wrong?

And you're correct. At least partly, that is. The contribution could've very well proved decisive.

But most likely it wasn't...It's fairly simple maths to execute [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistical_hypothesis_testing]. My point is (3) < (7) < (10).

But where is the humanity for Pete's sake? Where is the slightest sign of empathy or collaboration? How could you be such poor (group) winners?

<<what if they did carry the team>>

Please talk to Nice Guy Eddie.

[There were no scrubs, good balanced damage, several important heals on FC and throughout - In short, good group effort with a lot of credit to spread around]

i dont see how youre trying to use math to quantify this, and i dont think there is a "fool proof" method as one can contribute a shit ton w/o being high on damage/kb/flag return/caps.

but 3 people can very well carry a team if they're geared and skilled and perhaps they did, perhaps they only thought they did. in the end...who gives a shit

pretty much the same as working in on a group project where 3/4 people do all the work, then the 4th dude puts his signature on it and takes all the credit

pixieology said:
<<in the end...who gives a shit>>

I do. As I assumed those who might comment would...

Dude, dont be a baby.

You cannot "logically" define how much they did to help you win or lose. You didnt even post a screen shot.

By them "bragging" they draw more people into guild based play. Which in turn increases the competative nature of premades. Which is really good for the bracket, and future players who are not just carebears escaping the challenges of other brackets.

Were they right? who knows, you didnt show any info. Yes 3 people can carry a PUG. I have personally been involved in a similar situation many times, dont complain, ignore them or be happy you had a winning team.

didn't read much of this, but I will add....

Every WSG I ever played in was won because of me and MY guild is WINNING because of that........................................... ;D ha haha ha

<<By them "bragging" they draw more people into guild based play>>

Thanks for reply - although I'd argue to opposite: I'd never want to be in one those guilds.

can you start using the quote system and stop being so butthurt

actually makes it a lot cleaner and then other people know who youre directing what at

i guess our butthurtness cancles out, so just go diaf instead

Users who are viewing this thread