US PTR 1v1 championship - very old school

dose anyone remember Darkkdan or Bigclancy? Two of the best rogues from Bloodlust at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both were great rogues and helped me learn a ton. Dan was like the most underated rogue I knew and a great friend

i said it in the other thread, that duel, pwntages video and the MYT movie are essentially religious artifacts to our generation of 19s. please Nasti find the MYT movie for us - i want to see Obliviate beating up Lukeskywalker to 'Crazy Train' ;)

dose anyone remember Darkkdan or Bigclancy? Two of the best rogues from Bloodlust at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkdan and Wsg were really good, I believe they eventually came over to Ruin way after the big migration.

Reactions: MYT
Just wrapped up chatting with Katz aka Obliviate. He's certain that match never happened with him in it against blackout. He said he definitely wanted that to happen as he was aware he was the top EU rogue.
Of note he said there were imposters on the PTR and they were dueling people. Perhaps that was the case.
I continue to try to get him back to wow so maybe if I'm successful and he gets some practice in it can happen. :) He leveled that 19 to 20 but has other 19's and could make a new rogue.
He did mention that he lost to some MYT rogues occasionally in duels as well as noobstone who was an honorary member and played with us some a couple hunters...but those were casual duels. Didn't lose an major matches 1v1, and the game against the top EU rogue would clearly have been a top game.

Hi. I was obliviate . Blackout, I don't recall the laggy match but it's totally possible based on your description. If I was lagging and unplayable I would have been pissed and logged out. I told my friend the above, because I don't remember it. But maybe it's just possible I forgot or didn't count it in my mind due to the lag? I don't know - long time ago. Anyway, hello to old friends and hope everyone's doing great.

One other thing. I did lose a few games to other rogues. Not really any when I was playing a lot, but deathstone managed to beat me a few games later on when I was focusing more on 29 than 19 (in good, hard fought games!) I would have welcomed any 1v1, blackout, but I would have only played under normal lag conditions. If anyone beat me straight up, I'd commend them. There were plenty who did.

Haha you'd have to find it online. I MIGHT have it on a hard drive laying around in another state. I wish I could watch it and remember some good times.. I 1v2d death stone and another strong rogue whose name I can't remember in that video. Lol

Wow. I got into my old account but it's like the video just isn't there. There's the link and everything but... could only be on an old hard drive at this point... not sure where else. That sucks.

Hi. I was obliviate . Blackout, I don't recall the laggy match but it's totally possible based on your description. If I was lagging and unplayable I would have been pissed and logged out. I told my friend the above, because I don't remember it. But maybe it's just possible I forgot or didn't count it in my mind due to the lag? I don't know - long time ago. Anyway, hello to old friends and hope everyone's doing great.
Yeah it's quite possible. It's literally a decade ago man lol. Probably doesn't help that i was playing on someone elses rogue that ofcourse didn't have my name. All i remember is that it was an undead female rogue i played on. Good to see you're still kicking around, it's free to play to log on to level 19 twinks in WoW these days you should log on and see what gear you've got lying around and let your armory page update :)

Yeah it's quite possible. It's literally a decade ago man lol. Probably doesn't help that i was playing on someone elses rogue that ofcourse didn't have my name. All i remember is that it was an undead female rogue i played on. Good to see you're still kicking around, it's free to play to log on to level 19 twinks in WoW these days you should log on and see what gear you've got lying around and let your armory page update :)

to verify, because you make it sound like you can log in and play WSG for free - this is not true. you can literally only log in and run around normal playing area's but no BG's or Instances.

someone must have the MYT video. it used to be on google video for download, i had it saved on a hard drive that died. somebody must!

I remember back in vanilla we (NM) had a 2v2 tournament in gurubashi arena, I don't believe it was recorded but I played with molimo and we won ^.^ good times man, was a different game back then.

Users who are viewing this thread