Prot Warriors in the 39's

hypergun

Legend
What happened to Prot control in the 39s?

i thought there wasnt no prot dps allowed?

hmm? i think it was just a new roll set to the NEW 39s entering this bracket , cus so far the 2 BG's i did i seen two prot warriors doing damage on our FC?

this is an issue , that NEEDS to be resolved .

It was Liaar's first game and was not aware of the ban. He/she will be q-ing as arms from now on. Wamz dhould only be prot if he/she is designated FC. Utopia sat out 75% of the game because of the two prot warriors so we basically played that game with 9 people.

I made sure to hand off the flag to one of them as soon as possible. Believe me, no one on horde was happy about the situation. Mocky and I were half assing D and Utpoia sat out.

All of us OLD(ish) 39s do not like the prospect of Prots ruining the bracket. That game was not fun and I am currently sitting out the current game to wash the taste out of my mouth. People who have been playing warriors for years such as Sun, hops, and Buck will not do not play Prot unless they know they will be FCing. Hell, buck rolled a new toon to avoid playing the class altogether.

I understand your frustration as I and others on horde felt the same way during the game. It was not fun for horde and i highly doubt alliance enjoyed it either.

ah well i also noticed that someone from our team was also sitting on the log next to Utopia, its okay i understand people aren't aware it was just annoying for us & just we thought the game would be more enjoyable without a overpowered class tearing the damage charts up with shield slam :b but thanks yoube looking foward to further games against you.

I understand. It annoyed me as well. Might I suggest joining in on the 39s vent for games. You may have won the last one I was in if you could have communicated with Nerro. Feel free to add me to Btag and I will pass the info along.

Yoube#1532

This is the reason i skipped games last night, prot is broken and regardless of what people say on the forums so far there has been no effective "Ban" on it. Eating sheild slams pisses me off enough i want to roll prot so i just log out instead ^.^

This is the reason i skipped games last night, prot is broken and regardless of what people say on the forums so far there has been no effective "Ban" on it. Eating sheild slams pisses me off enough i want to roll prot so i just log out instead ^.^

There was one game I played last night that had a Prot issue. The first game of the night. The real problem with games last night was just that alliance was not very good. It was the earliest games ended on a Friday in recent memory.

I agree with roudy, you cant just ban a prot dps spec. people will play it because it is overpowered and could care less about the bracket there just in there for the fun. I doubt the ban will completly wipe out prot dps but it sure stopped the 3+ prot warriors from both sides from queing, but u will never get everyone to quit reather we like to admit it or not human nature is to show off and enjoy our selves what better way then to bring some one down past half health with 1 person and having insane survivability while watching all the damage on the leader boards being prot warrior, and then being able to brag about how "good" you are. However i salute the ban for atleast trying it certainly stopped alot of people from playing prot but the issue will never be resolved completly till blizz nerfs warriors back to us normal people haha.

The 39 Community did a pretty good job banning Aimed Shot. (back in the day)

8+ People in vent counting down a "Forced-Afk" on the MM Hunter spamming Aimed Shot.

That's what you're going to be looking forward to if you're playing your War as prot DPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 39 Community did a pretty good job banning Aimed Shot. (back in the day)

8+ People in vent counting down a "Forced-Afk" on the MM Hunter spamming Aimed Shot.

That's what you're going to be looking forward to if you're playing your War as prot DPS.

I believe that this will be the result if we do have those people who roll prot DPS just to own people. they deserve to be force afk'd. Unlike lower brackets there isnt as much of group queing in this bracket so its going to be hard to counter the force afk (doesnt it only need like 3 people at once to click afk?)

i have a 39 prot (bank alt now), was leveled to the bracket to gain intercept after hunters started destroying the 29 bracket at the end of BC and finished 29's off in WOTLK. then blizz took intercept away in CATA, gave us in combat charging in MOP. i don't play him because blizz blew my interest in playing a warrior.

for those who forget, prot's had a short spell of PVP FOTM-ness in WOTLK. no one realized until about 5-6 months into WOTLK how good they were, they got noticed and alot of QQ from mages and then blizz put the axe on them and when the QQ rolled blizz responded as "we don't see prot spec as a PVP spec."

in the brackets i play, it's not just 39's were it starts. prots are bearable in 15-19, but in 20-24 it's a different story. i went into a AB today, opposing team had 8 prot warriors. i couldn't rip a heal on my priest or even save my self. charge/stun/shield slams and about anything else was a insta-wipe. fearing was no help, that just runs them away so they can pretty much repeat.

70-74 they are very nasty too

i have a 39 prot (bank alt now), was leveled to the bracket to gain intercept after hunters started destroying the 29 bracket at the end of BC and finished 29's off in WOTLK. then blizz took intercept away in CATA, gave us in combat charging in MOP. i don't play him because blizz blew my interest in playing a warrior.

for those who forget, prot's had a short spell of PVP FOTM-ness in WOTLK. no one realized until about 5-6 months into WOTLK how good they were, they got noticed and alot of QQ from mages and then blizz put the axe on them and when the QQ rolled blizz responded as "we don't see prot spec as a PVP spec."

in the brackets i play, it's not just 39's were it starts. prots are bearable in 15-19, but in 20-24 it's a different story. i went into a AB today, opposing team had 8 prot warriors. i couldn't rip a heal on my priest or even save my self. charge/stun/shield slams and about anything else was a insta-wipe. fearing was no help, that just runs them away so they can pretty much repeat.

70-74 they are very nasty too

good info. dps tank is also the fotm in some other games right now also.

dps prot warrior arent allowed cuz SS op and broked

fcing SS is fine cuz 2.8k crit burst is okay and am clear out offense while tank unkillable l0l during when is have 3 tunnel healers that have no concept of positioning because is not punished for being terrible position and situation awareness of -42

#Logic

#Disgusted

#DisgracedFor39Bracket

All hail derv number one baddie :) in all seriousness the prot thing sucks, but should be fixed in a couple weeks as people level new toons

Users who are viewing this thread