Prot vs Ret

Vincent said:
Must have been a while since you checked then since even the tooltip says "Unleashes the energy of a Seal to judge an enemy for Holy damage."

Prepatche judgement was considered a weapon swing, able to proc seals and weapon enchants. I'm assuming with the introduction of passive spell hit this was reversed since it doesnt appear to proc seal damage anymore.

Rivfader said:
Prepatche judgement was considered a weapon swing, able to proc seals and weapon enchants. I'm assuming with the introduction of passive spell hit this was reversed since it doesnt appear to proc seal damage anymore.

Your point being?. Judgement has been changed from being considered a melee attack to a spell but the damage has always been of the holy school, not physical.

Rivfader said:

Thank you for clearing this up, Rivfader.

Vincent said:
Your point being?. Judgement has been changed from being considered a melee attack to a spell but the damage has always been of the holy school, not physical.

Point being is that because it was considered a weapon strike it's hit chance was calculated off of your melee hit chance.

Rivfader said:
Point being is that because it was considered a weapon strike it's hit chance was calculated off of your melee hit chance.

Yeah but I thought we were talking about what kind damage judgement caused

I was wondering, does abilities such as HoJ, Avenger's Shield, Judgement and Crusader Strike count as spells? Because, we get 6% spell hit rating from going Prot or Ret, and I was wondering if I would need the 11 hit rating.

Enjoy .

Eliot said:

This was what I answered tho

Eliot said:
Last time I checked Judgement is physical.

I guess you meant it was a melee attack (which is not the same as it doing physical damage), whatever, now everyone knows it was a melee attack with holy damage -> is now spell with holy damage. ^^

How hard is it to understand I mean melee hit. . Thanks Rivfader for being able to think :)

Eliot said:
How hard is it to understand I mean melee hit. . Thanks Rivfader for being able to think :)

Might have been easier if a Master Twink such as yourself would know the difference between melee and physical, shouldnt have to decipher your posts :)

Look at the post Eliot quoted, it's obvious he was referring to hit chance. Just drop it, at this point the argument is moot anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread