Prot Specs not able to que Arena in 5.4

I'm guessing this also applies to blood, guardian, and brewmaster.

In either case, I think this would be a fairly silly and nonsensical move by Bliz and it only makes the slope a little slipperier for them to go off and freely make tanks even more imba outside of arenas. Exclusion isn't a good way to balance a class spec.

& just to poke a little fun...

I also heard 72 paladins still won't be able to queue arenas, regardless of spec.

Cheers.

Pretty sure I am in the queue as prot paladin / holy paladin (90 bracket tho).

This will obviously mean, prot will still be able to queue at 70.

MUG55g9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are removing mastery from mages, and buffing icelance damage with like 50%, gonna be back to cataclysm days.
----

Still rather have, a mage doing 2 icelances for me to die than playing vs a prot.

"Frostbolt no longer increases the damage of any spells. The damage for those spells have been increased instead"

Frostbolt gives you 3 stacks and each stack increases damage done of icelance by 5%, so with 3 stacks of frostbolt it increases the damage of ice lance by 15%. This means instead of gaining the stack, ice lance will do 15% more damage next patch, including the 48% ice lance buff, which means ice lance is getting buffed by 63%

which means ice lance is getting buffed by 63%

Incorrect, that does not mean icelance is getting buffed by 63%, that's like saying backstab damage is getting buffed by 10% because of Prey on the Weak. [h=3][/h]

Frostbolt - Also causes the target to take an additional 5% damage from your Frostbolt and Ice Lance, and your Water Elemental's Waterbolt, stacking up to 3 times.

Frostbolt no longer increases the damage of any spells. The damage for those spells have been increased instead.

Which means instead of the stacks, the damage is applied to the spell, your frostbolt, icelance, water elemental does 15% more damage, in additional the 48% ice lance buff. 15+48=63

Frostbolt - Also causes the target to take an additional 5% damage from your Frostbolt and Ice Lance, and your Water Elemental's Waterbolt, stacking up to 3 times.

Frostbolt no longer increases the damage of any spells. The damage for those spells have been increased instead.

Which means instead of the stacks, the damage is applied to the spell, your frostbolt, icelance, water elemental does 15% more damage, in additional the 48% ice lance buff. 15+48=63

You would multiply, not add you silly goose.

1.15*1.48=1.702, so it would be 70.2 percent.

Users who are viewing this thread