Prot / Holy Paladin 70-74 Questions

Harkonnen

Legend
Hi, I have several lvl 70-74 twinks and decided since killing Prot/Holy paladins were my biggest pain I've decided to make one.

My questions are:

1. Going protection. I am not worried about stacking stam, as I want to just CRUSH ppl.

What to gem/enchant/glyph on gear?

2. Going Holy. I love healing, and have 2 70 twink healers and find paladin healing is OP.

What to gem/enchant/glyph on gear?

I am currently lvl 59 with almost 2k honor saved up, and wonder if its' worth getting the Rings, Neck, Belt, Bracer, Boots, Trinkets, Banner?

I hear a lot about SWP and BT runs, anything highly useful there or just run some WoTLK instances for blues?

Thank you very much in advance!

Harkonnen

Update!

I have done some 3v3 with a Prot Paladin that is in the #1 or #2 pvp team on our realm, but I cannot remember his name correctly Moe or something with weird signs, can't find him on Armory. If anyone has any good setups that they wish to share on Armory, I would be much obliged!

Also, my friend turned his 70 pala into a twink with me and any help I can get will go his way too!

Thanks again!

I think not many people reply to this thread because prot paladins are /lol

I see there is another prot prot team inc, do not approve.

Harkonnen said:
Ok I'm looking for advice, not your personal criticsm thanks

I have also found a trinket in H MGT that gives 57 stam I believe and dodge % when your health is 35% or lower. Givers/takers?

I think you should do some research and ask specific questions. I find it rude that you make us do the work for you when you clearly havent made any effort. So maybe you will get lucky and someone will be kind enough to give you a full fucking guide for how to pala but that person isnt me. So go research then come back imo.

I think you should do some research and ask specific questions. I find it rude that you make us do the work for you when you clearly havent made any effort. So maybe you will get lucky and someone will be kind enough to give you a full fucking guide for how to pala but that person isnt me. So go research then come back imo.

Language Timothy

:edit: Go, install atlas loot and look at the loot tables.

Harkonnen said:
Ok I'm looking for advice, not your personal criticsm thanks

Fair enough, get full brutal for starters, start running SWP weekly and as a general guideline go for gear with as many socket places as possible, since it was tuned for BC epic sockets, and the ones you can get now are twice as good, so twice as good stats per socket. Also stacking stamina is bad, always. If you really want to be a tank I suggest stacking ressilience, and if you want to be a prot pala dps (however retardet that makes you) stack strength.

If u wanna play high skillcap prot pala, take 2/4 brutal dps 2/4 brutal holy gear, holy main hand, sunwell 3slot legs, shattered sun head enchant, 2 min resi trinket & talisman of the horde and start using word of glory xdddd :pPP 2.5K rating assured nps!!=DDDD Let ur teammate do the same and ur n1 prot pala eu sup

chardev 8 - Cataclysm Beta

That's pretty close to BiS for PvE geared HPals and what I'm ultimately going to try and finish with a few minor switches (the main ones being the SWP Pattern Neck & possibly Ring of Harmonic Beauty)

Brutal Libram is also > than the JP one.

Gihipoxu said:
If u wanna play high skillcap prot pala, take 2/4 brutal dps 2/4 brutal holy gear, holy main hand, sunwell 3slot legs, shattered sun head enchant, 2 min resi trinket & talisman of the horde and start using word of glory xdddd :pPP 2.5K rating assured nps!!=DDDD Let ur teammate do the same and ur n1 prot pala eu sup

Thank you all for your very helpful advice, as this was all I was looking for. To the individual that got an attitude with someone seeking help, I say get a life and put the WoW down. So far this is what I have with my current Prot Pala spec, etc. I am on

Darkspear EU Harkönnen but for some reason I am not on the new Armory. I have stacked Str gems for red and str/resil for orange, I have the top atk pwer enchants on gear /w 20 resil on chest. Also farming SSO rep for helm enchant to include beserker on wep and 18 stam on shield.

I also have 2 pvp rings, 2 trinkets, the banner.

I find this set up working quite well and can survive quite long in 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1 given my opponents aren't as fully pvp as I am.

I am also almost 400 enchanting for 30 stam and 30 atk pwr to rings, and will lvl engineering for both stam trinkets.

Also almost at 400 enchanting for ring enchants and will pick up engineering for the 2 trinkets.

I am also missing glyphs, and will get them shortly.

My resilience is 562 and I believe that is WAY over cap, but not sure.

Any ideas on how to push more dps? Perhaps swap the orange str/resil gems for 30 str ones.

I am also almost 400 enchanting for 30 stam and 30 atk pwr to rings, and will lvl engineering for both stam trinkets.

Harkonnen said:

we know.

also 562 is not over any cap for resil, though it is a lot for a prot pally imo. you could get away with going more offensive since you have things like plate armor, shield, world of glory, and all your other CDs to survive pretty easily. 1v1 against any melee class is pretty easy with heavy armor + the resil just on brutal gear...my pally has something like 80-90% melee mitigation when adding both sources of reduction. casters are a bit harder since they obviously bypass armor but i still wouldnt stack resil too high for them, you still have a lot of tools against casters like stun, kick, silence, etc.

Falkor said:
we know.

also 562 is not over any cap for resil, though it is a lot for a prot pally imo. you could get away with going more offensive since you have things like plate armor, shield, world of glory, and all your other CDs to survive pretty easily. 1v1 against any melee class is pretty easy with heavy armor + the resil just on brutal gear...my pally has something like 80-90% melee mitigation when adding both sources of reduction. casters are a bit harder since they obviously bypass armor but i still wouldnt stack resil too high for them, you still have a lot of tools against casters like stun, kick, silence, etc.

He might be thinking of the old TBC cap which was 492, and in that case he's right, if your twink had played back in TBC you would be overcapped (you would never reach that though). As of now there's currently no cap so you can just keep stacking it.

Users who are viewing this thread