Profession routing?

Discussion in '20s (Shadowlands)' started by top1, Oct 13, 2021.

Share This Page

1. top1

top1 New Member

I was reading the getting started stuff and it looks like I will need to pick up and drop many professions, so I would like to ask if there is preferred route for professions. I have now started with Enchanting (for eventually getting Crusader) and Tailoring for some bags. But I wonder if I should he first going for Mining/JC instead on juggling everthing else with Enchanting.

2. Gobolord

Gobolord Member

I'd say you're doing it right so far. Having mostly completed the profession grind, following what Andre said in his baseline guide works very well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    top1

top1 New Member

Oh, I am dumdum. I did not realize that the list was exactly what I was looking for and not just set of options. Thanks for the help!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tiemujin

Tiemujin Member

The only thing I would point out is that BC jewelcrafting may be obsolete. I think the only thing it will offer come 9.1.5 is a/some meta gems? Steady talasite is getting nerfed and not worth the trouble.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Gobolord

Gobolord Member

Yes sadly. I have edited my JC guide to mention this.

6. enchlol

enchlol Legend

I would point out you should consider modifying the route if you are a melee character to include Blacksmithing VERY EARLY. The stones that come from late vanilla BS, were very large dps boosts on both my Feral and Rogue. On future melee characters, I plan to level BS immediately after the first tailoring / enchanting stage. (Granted, if all you do is wargame, you can ignore this comment).

Additionally, if Legion neck enchants are high on your priority list, the author of https://xpoff.com/threads/f2p-guide...native-way-of-obtaining-chaos-crystals.96317/ recommends legion mining / jc early.

Lastly, as mentioned above with the talasite nerf, you may not need wrath or tbc JC if you can get the gems you want from Marks of Honor.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    top1

top1 New Member

Which gems can be bought with Marks? I tried searching for some but I online found old removed gems.

8. enchlol

enchlol Legend

3 Agi
    2 Agi + 2 Crit
    3 Crit
    2 Int + 2 Crit
    3 Int
    The rest of the gems from this vendor say "Requires level 36".
    There's also a bunch of meta gems available. See screenshot.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. ZenwØw

ZenwØw Veteran

TAI / ENG (Nets x 1000)