Priest vs Monk

Spockstar

Regarding priest and monk:

Which is the better healer?

which is easier to gear?

And how do you define better and easier?

Priest is easy mode. 100%. Monk can heal as much and has a few nice little toys... but MW can't also dish out 100k and heal (maybe somebody pulled that out of their ass one time, just don't want it being displayed as the typical "one example proves a point on xpoff".

Monk for skill and clout... priest for diabetes and gout.

Might be worth considering their offspecs also. Priest wears same gear for disc/shadow (except for helm and mb a trinket), so easy access to offspec. A monk would need two full sets for offspec. Know this ain't what you asking, but def worth considering.

In terms of strongest healer, my vote goes for monk. They have some insane healing output. I been facing Thalia(?), and priests are NOT keeping up with his heals. Less dmg than a priest, so in a team where dmg is sufficient I would take the mw no doubt. This also opens up for the playstyle question. Mw is more about the healing, where as priest you tend to dish out a bit more dmg.

I am no expert so do not read my post as the absolute truth.

Also, priest hands down the easiest to gear.

Monks need the BoE gear for mastery to be successful, priests can get by with dungeon gear or spellfire/ spellstrike sets

Users who are viewing this thread