Priest 2nd Opinions

Working on a Holy Priest for WSG/Arena to play with my guildies. Here is my planned setup, please comment and let me know if I have missed anything that is better.

Edit: Human btw

Talents: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bZf0x

Professions: 250 Mining/Herbalism

Head: Lucky Fishing Hat with Lesser Arcanum of Voracity

Neck: Sentinel's Medallion

Shoulder: Tattered Dreadmist Mantle with Greater Inscription of the Gladiator

Cloak: Caretaker's Cape with Superior Defense

Chest: Tree Bark Jacket with Major Mana

Wrist: Crystalline Cuffs with Healing Power

Hands: Magefist Gloves with Healing Power

Waist: Keller's Girdle

Legs: Darkweave Breeches with Runic Spellthread

Boots: Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots with Boar's Speed

Ring: Seal of Wrynn

Ring: Lorekeeper's Ring

Trinket: Arena Grand Master

Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast

Main Hand: Twisted Chanter's Staff with Spell Power

Main Hand2: Staff of the Friar with Mighty Spirit

Wand: Banshee Rod of the Sun

Wand2: Gravestone Scepter

Just throwing it out there, you probably allready considdered this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=16009 - Preffered by many because of the less interupt time, no as ood after WOTLK as before though.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=6465 - If you find you have enough mana and you want more spellpower at some point.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=5970 - More spellpower

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=2271 - Would use this over twisted chanter's, but if you find yourself low on mana go for twisted..

Also on my priest I used my wand alot, so never used my wand of the sun, that was before WOTLK where you could spec in wand dmg though..

twisted chanters +22 int, then max sp staff (blessed seer?) +30 sp, and finally friar staff with spirit.

get +5 all resist to cloak, or 10 shadow resist

i would definately prefer robes of the mocossin too, but that's a side grade

"twisted chanters +22 int, then max sp staff (blessed seer?) +30 sp, and finally friar staff with int."

i think u meant staff of the friar with spirit...but ya go twisted chanters 22 int...when the int runs out, switch to blessed seer w/ 30 spell pwr and then when u oom go friar

get shadow resist to cloak...its a lifesaver, u resist so many fears when u also have gravestone

i recommend a pair of gold flecked gloves...i use them more than i use to my magefist

and i noticed u put "wand2" for gravestone...i would definately make that "wand1andonly" the 1 stam/int/spell pwr on the other wands is literally un-noticable and gravestone does SOOO much more damage...priests wand almost constantly unless they are being focused/are in the process of healing someone, in arenas especially, u will see a big difference with gravestone....u resist more and u can add so much more dps when ur team isnt in need of healz

I haven't looked too much into 10-19 priests (edit: I should say spellcasters in general), but I believe Tetox has his the nail on the head with the staves and wand.

Also, I'd probably end up going +10 to shadow resist for the cloak.

In any case, good work!

Thanks for the feedback. :D

1. I didn't know of the anti-silence neck, I'll def pick one up, tho I'm not sure if the diminishing returns on silence makes it better or worse.

2. @Tetox: I can make a /shoot+/equip macro easily enough, I don't see any reason to not use 2 wands.

3. The +10 SR cloak chant seems superior.

4. The rest of the stuff is pretty much down to preference, but I did get some good ideas from you guys. ;d

EDIT: Any reason to get any other professions?

Twink priest

I am still working on mine but one more thing to think about is the inferno robe... many over look it. Its item lvl is 40 so you can put 35+ chants (aka 6 to all stats or 150 hp or the greater mana or w/e it is) on it and the chest its self has 19 spell power... pretty OP imo. I, as mentioned earlier am still working on my twink (only 18, so i cant wear treebark nor the inferno) but i will def get back to you and let you know what i test out.

And on resistances, you may want to look into +5 to all. How many times do you get crit with venomstrike and get the nature proc, or the drood spamming MF or my least fav... Shammys innterrupting my spells with their oh so wonderful Earthshock. all nature, not shadow. Shadow dmg is nice, helps against other priests and locks but there are also a lot of nature users and as a Belf i get my 2% all +5 shadow from wand and +5 more to all from back... i'll take it.

If the grammar is bad im sorry.

bubbleandrun said:
I am still working on mine but one more thing to think about is the inferno robe... many over look it. Its item lvl is 40 so you can put 35+ chants (aka 6 to all stats or 150 hp or the greater mana or w/e it is) on it and the chest its self has 19 spell power... pretty OP imo. I, as mentioned earlier am still working on my twink (only 18, so i cant wear treebark nor the inferno) but i will def get back to you and let you know what i test out.

And on resistances, you may want to look into +5 to all. How many times do you get crit with venomstrike and get the nature proc, or the drood spamming MF or my least fav... Shammys innterrupting my spells with their oh so wonderful Earthshock. all nature, not shadow. Shadow dmg is nice, helps against other priests and locks but there are also a lot of nature users and as a Belf i get my 2% all +5 shadow from wand and +5 more to all from back... i'll take it.

If the grammar is bad im sorry.

Inferno robe is horde only, he said he is human :)

Milosz006 said:
Also what consumables should I use? I plan on the following:

Minor Mana Oil

Rumsey Rum Dark

Scroll of Int II

Health/Mana pots

Swiftness Potion

Discombobulator Ray

Lemme know if I've missed anything. Also is there a better healing spec than http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bZf0x

Thanks.

Most everything looks good, but pick up a Voice Amplification Modifier as your neckpiece. Additonally, I'd recomend keeping a good supply of bombs for when you have melee stuck on you.

inferno robe

Sorry. I was meaing for any priest who happened to come across this post... just a thought...

2. @Tetox: I can make a /shoot+/equip macro easily enough, I don't see any reason to not use 2 wands

well i dont know about u, but most priests i know, myself included, tend to wand freqently, but not "constantly"

basically i throw in a wand shot sporadically, i dont wand constantly for extended periods and then take long breaks, its more like: kite, wand, kite, renew, kite, kite, kite, wand, heal, wand, kite....ect.

since switching weps is a 1 second timer, it would really defeat the purpose for me to even put on the banshee rod of the sun...especially since IMO 1 stam/1 int/1 sp isnt even really better than 1 spirit/5 SR

edit: also id like to add this to clarify...having to wait 1 second before every wand cast would make me spaz out, even if i could keep moving between them, plus in pressure situations, u cant afford a second of non-actions just to change wands and in non-wand situations (aka im healing alot) i definately want the shadow resist to avoid being feared...the banshee rod's stats arent good enough to give up that resist chance(resisted a fear can be gamebreaking...adding two to ur heal isnt)

Users who are viewing this thread