<Post Your Monk Progress Here>

Funny that I see alot of people talking about best in slot, but still missing the bigger picture. If you are a f2p monk and not a panda you are doing it wrong.

Why?

When you reach level 20 as a monk you get the skill "zen pilgrimage" which takes you to a special monk only zone. While there you can visit a vendor that sells tiger brew and serpent brew (+9 agility or intelligence respectively). If you are a panda you get double the well fed bonus on that which means +18. My gear is not BIS, but with +18 agility, who really cares.

I was going to make a new thread about this, but I am new to twinkinfo and cannot for now. If someone else wants to create a new thread and share this that would be nice. Also, if you see me in game be sure to say hi. I'm hobopo :)

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm not a fan of the panda look myself. I really like shadowmeld too.

I didn't know about that tiger's brew though, that's great stuff, thanks for the share!

[MENTION=8406]Discover[/MENTION]: Yeah, I totally get that the panda look is not for everyone. I like the look and the stun, which is why I rolled it. Discovering the +18 agility was a pretty sweet bonus though :)

BoA question since this seems to be a thread where monks are hanging out...

Ordinarily I'd go with chest as my first BoA for a char but with the current weapon scaling in BGs right now would it be better to get the Mace?

Also, to stay on topic: Sephenia

Major work in progress (Only rolled her last Friday) and I've had zero luck in SFK. >.<

BoA question since this seems to be a thread where monks are hanging out...

Ordinarily I'd go with chest as my first BoA for a char but with the current weapon scaling in BGs right now would it be better to get the Mace?

Also, to stay on topic: Sephenia

Major work in progress (Only rolled her last Friday) and I've had zero luck in SFK. >.<

I recommend you to buy one of the weapons first.

I've already bought the Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge and the Venerable Mass of McGowan to my combat rogue. Still I haven't got the heirloom chest but my rogue's performance is fine. I don't care have many times I die if I could win the game.

Believe me: you as a DPS will be more useful if you CAN do damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend you to buy one of the weapons first.

I've already bought the Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge and the Venerable Mass of McGowan to my combat rogue. Still I haven't got the heirloom chest but my rogue's performance is fine. I don't care have many times I die if I could win the game.

Believe me: you as a DPS will be more useful if you CAN do damage.

Thanks, I was thinking it'd be worth it to go mace tomorrow when I get the last of my tickets (tonight if I ever actually log in and get Herb to 75). Chest next month I suppose.

Im almost dont farming rep for furbolg pouch and i dont know what i should do about ring. Keep this one or go with deep fathom any thoughts?

Im almost dont farming rep for furbolg pouch and i dont know what i should do about ring. Keep this one or go with deep fathom any thoughts?

Depends on your spec. GL farming rop (if that's what you mean). I'm at over 100 runs with my 90.

No for mw dont know what ring i should use

Really a matter of preference, the stats are 4 int 4 stam and 8 spirit for the WC one (Deep Fathom Ring) when scaled or 5/3/8 for the one you have. The one you have is a slightly better healing ring, the other better for stamina, are you dying a ton where a few extra HP will make a difference?

For pure healing you could consider the Lavishly Jeweled Ring as well but I'm not sure the loss of that much stam is worth the 1 int and bit of crit.

Users who are viewing this thread