PoD drop info?

I've tried finding drop info on PoD but nothing recent. It's my understanding that Uldaman got nerfed which affected the drop rate and I've heard that it drops off of anything in the back half or just the last 4 bosses. Can anyone confirm?

Here's a protip:

DO NOT TRY TO FARM POD.

Unless you are amazingly incredibly stupendously lucky, you would be better off just farming gold and buying one.

Mortox said:
Here's a protip:

DO NOT TRY TO FARM POD.

Unless you are amazingly incredibly stupendously lucky, you would be better off just farming gold and buying one.

Someone gotta farm if, otherwise u cant buy it ^^

Splenda said:
Someone gotta farm if, otherwise u cant buy it ^^

Nah ppl are doing this instance to get gear and level, all over the world, sometimes it drops, then it's when it going to be sold. If you farm for pod, you will use it. No1 would farm a pod to make money. lolz so much faster just to farm gold somewhere else.!

You have more chance to get struck by lightning twice in a row than to get a PoD to drop.

Powerwordhug said:
XD the best thing I ever saw was it on the AH for 200 gold haha I was just like...

haha it was sold before I could buy it :'(

1476.jpg

Rivfader said:
Well my question still hasn't been answered. What mobs does it drop off of

wowhead.com

Some say that it doesn't drop anymore at all (post 2.3). I've asked a GM this question before and all they could say was that "the item is still in the game". Idk if that means that it still drops or that people could still have it.

I do know that when I bought mine the seller told me that they got it to drop inline w/ the release of BC (2.0.3 I think) and had it in their bank since then. So it might not drop...or it might drop. If it still drops then it's a ridiculously low percentage that you'd actually be able to farm one.

I gave up on ever getting one and farmed up a Lumbering Ogre Axe.

Still not the same quality but it's pretty damn close. Even that little diddy took me a couple hours to farm from the 4-5 ogre spawns that can drop it in that little cave in the SW of the Badlands.

BaR yes

from what I gather the only mobs the PoD could theorhetically drop off of would be the last 2 or 3 bosses due to their level....and on those bosses its something stupidly low like a .001% drop rate (think last I checked wowhead for something like this the % was 0)

I believe it was patch 2.3 that lowered the levels of most mobs in low level instances...this instantly made things like Shadowfang and Assasins Blade in the 19 bracket, those gloves in the 29 bracket, and things like PoD Miners hat of the Deep and Deathshead Vestment in our bracket virtually impossible to farm and thus why they cost so much now. All of these items were pretty rare pre-2.3 but the nerf made them almost non-existant.

Rapt0R said:
Leveling a main to 80 to get a BAR is faster, not that boring, and better.

These days, this is the best option.

Also one (of the many many PoD's I've owned) dropped off one of those white stone dwarfs that come in groups of 5 with 4 black dwarfs.

-X

I think the BAR is just better hands down. Huge amount of stamina and crit. No one cares about AP, it's all about chain crits. You're a warrior, you'd struggle to have less than 500 self buffed AP if you tried.

Alteffour said:
from what I gather the only mobs the PoD could theorhetically drop off of would be the last 2 or 3 bosses due to their level....and on those bosses its something stupidly low like a .001% drop rate (think last I checked wowhead for something like this the % was 0)

This does make sense theoretically. I've heard this argument before.

Though I'm not convinced that a mob level has to be equal or greater than an item level. For example, I know someone that got a Shadowfang to drop a few months ago. He was 100% sure it dropped off a level 17 elite mob in SFK.

So assuming that he is 100% certain, that might just throw our theory about item level < or = mob level out the window.

Anyone else have any info that would confirm or deny this underlying theory?

Inkobah said:
This does make sense theoretically. I've heard this argument before.

Though I'm not convinced that a mob level has to be equal or greater than an item level. For example, I know someone that got a Shadowfang to drop a few months ago. He was 100% sure it dropped off a level 17 elite mob in SFK.

So assuming that he is 100% certain, that might just throw our theory about item level < or = mob level out the window.

Anyone else have any info that would confirm or deny this underlying theory?

Your friend was mistaken.

Well two things, I need something to do in between farming the rarespawn for my helm and PoD has far more burst potential than BAR so it's still a lot better. Not gonna waste my life farming it, I was just looking for some confirmation on mob level. Looks like IAT takes the win for the WoWhead link, I never check there for some reason. Thanks.

Rivfader said:
I've tried finding drop info on PoD but nothing recent. It's my understanding that Uldaman got nerfed which affected the drop rate and I've heard that it drops off of anything in the back half or just the last 4 bosses. Can anyone confirm?

Don't try.

Users who are viewing this thread