Patch 6.0: Bringing 70s back to life? (video)

I had this problem on beta and I don't know if you're in the same boat, but:
1) Delete your wtf and cache folders.
2) Copy your beta folder to the desktop, delete your C://Programfiles/world of warcraft public test folder, run launcher, let it "initiate" the PTR download, then let it run for a minute or two. Then, once it's started, pause it, then copy the folder from your desktop back into the newly created Program Files folder. Click "Copy and replace all." Hopefully one of these 2 works.

How big is the PTR?

It depends. In what way are you talking? Are you talking people, files or other things?

If people: Decently big. More than one would expect at first.
If files: 32.1 GB
If other things: There are more than 5 realms, there are a solid amount of players in each of them. The PTR is basically WoW but in the next patch. Whatever you do will NOT be saved on live. You can do everything you would be able to do in live servers next patch (Or at least up to the things that are added in the ptr so far, things aren't entirely finished yet).

If you meant anything other than this, please do inform me on what you mean ^.^

Yours truly
Shinela

It depends. In what way are you talking? Are you talking people, files or other things?

If people: Decently big. More than one would expect at first.
If files: 32.1 GB
If other things: There are more than 5 realms, there are a solid amount of players in each of them. The PTR is basically WoW but in the next patch. Whatever you do will NOT be saved on live. You can do everything you would be able to do in live servers next patch (Or at least up to the things that are added in the ptr so far, things aren't entirely finished yet).

If you meant anything other than this, please do inform me on what you mean ^.^

Yours truly
Shinela

yh ment the file ty:p

I'll update you as soon as possible. Give me an hour (maybe 2) after this post!

Edit:
Item Level: 226 (level 71 required to wear)
BoA
Damage: 74 - 138
Speed: 2.60
(40.82 dps)
+9 Agility
+22 Stamina
+9 Critical Strike
+6 Haste

Still pretty solid for its level to wear. It's a keeper

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for looking that up for me and informing me how to see WoD ilvl, but I really think its a shame how nerfed it got. The whole point of getting that axe was for double weapon damage and now its like 30 damage better then 164 fist wep. I spent alot of boring hours getting two of those.

Thanks guys for looking that up for me and informing me how to see WoD ilvl, but I really think its a shame how nerfed it got. The whole point of getting that axe was for double weapon damage and now its like 30 damage better then 164 fist wep. I spent alot of boring hours getting two of those.

You are underestimating it a bit, but you'll see on live :)

Now I haven't done much research of WoD, but do you think that 71-79 twinking will have much to do? Other then xp off bgs?

70-79 bracket.

But no new features for low levels, they don't get a garrison or anything, no.

Users who are viewing this thread