Patch 5.3 notes 65% resilience

5.3 PTR Patch Notes now available - World of Warcraft

for those interested

Anyway i'd like to see what the rest of TI thinks about this very possible change that could happen and how it will affect F2P twinking.

Big change, very big change.

EDIT:

Because the majority of people on TI can't read more than two lines from the patch notes

Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.

And for those who still think cata gear is the same as mop gear

in PvE, PvPilvl 496 = PvEilvl496
but in PvP, PvPilvl 496 >>> PvEilvl 496

In mop you give up ilvl when getting pvp gear
not secondary stats like in cata

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL

So, because raiders complained that their gear is harder to obtain, they should still be competitive in pvp. Therefore, blizzard removes resilience from pvp gear and increases the baseline resilience. Higher level pvpers will still have some advantage via pvp power, but the advantage is diminished.

For us, healers get more powerful again, and hit is still not fixed.

LOL

So, because raiders complained that their gear is harder to obtain, they should still be competitive in pvp. Therefore, blizzard removes resilience from pvp gear and increases the baseline resilience. Higher level pvpers will still have some advantage via pvp power, but the advantage is diminished.

For us, healers get more powerful again, and hit is still not fixed.

you guys need to read the whole post seriously

All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.

Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.

Season 13 Tyrannical gear had their item levels increased to ilevel 496, up from ilevel 493.

Season 13 Tyrannical Elite gear had their item levels decreased to ilevel 496, down from ilevel 512.

Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.

Making resilience baseline and removing it from PvP gear is what they should have done in the first place.

As far as the impact it'll have on this bracket, I think it will be more positive than negative.

A fresh 20 will have 25% more damage reduction, which will equalize the gear gap and make the BOA grind much less miserable for both yourself and your team.

A BIS 20 will have 15% more damage reduction, which isn't all that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once their blog is posted, it will say what I've already posted but in a more political way

except, due to Ilvl getting scaled down to ilvl 496, the difference between PvE gear and PvP gear around 60%+ pvp power.

This isn't cata where you sacrificed secondary stats for pvp gear, in MoP you sacrificed ilvl.
so in PvE, pveilvl 490 = pvpilvl 490
but in PvP pvpilvl 490 >>>>>> pveilvl 490

It might just be an advertisement for HoTs, but I'm not sure.

What is the net effect...

I think this is an early April Fools joke. If not, I agree that some changes need to be done to the devs, cause the direction pvp is heading into is a shit storm.

so should i just shelf my lock

Users who are viewing this thread