Pally Ret Weapon Choice:

Faceroll said:
As a DPS paladin myself, I'd have to say you'd wanna go with Shadowfang/Cruel Barb with enchant of you're choice (I chose fiery :) ) For 2 hander, Repurposed lava Dredger, B-something Arcanite Reaper ( I use it but not enchanted yet. ) I also have Smites and easily crit 200s on Druids in bear form. Then when crusader procs I have crit 300s occasionally . So really its you're choice, just a few of my favorites there. :D

Faceröll<Savy>-Stormrage-Ruin

Twinkzoid is repping your guild nicely in the XP BGs.

RDB can take frost oil, its the only weap available to horde that can take it. Deadskull is a very good sheild, but allis make do with arctic buckler and RDB is a handy weapon to have in a premade.

If you're not concerned about premading and mostly pug or do arenas, take deadskull shield.

For general use Smites with Sader is good and Night Reaver with a counterweight is good too.

Mabe

Xsnout said:
I've seen a few paladins using +15 strength to weapon for their 2Hers. Any opinions on that?

It depends on your play style if you like seeing a consistant slight increase to your dps go ahead with 15 strength. If you like extremely large DPS every once and a while go crusader, and the heal is nice.

IMO on a 2Her Crusader>15 strength

+15 str on smites would mean that your weapon slot alone provides 52 AP. If talented for divine str (15%) that would be 3.9 extra str and 7.8 extra AP. For a grand total of 59.8 AP from your weapon slot all day long!

The only logical argument for crusader is that it provides unpredictable burst damage and a heal that can drastically change the outcome of a confrontation/duel or even a BG. The arguments against it are that as long as it is not proccing it is as if you don't have your weapon chanted, and people can stun and run from it.

I am currently using +15 str and I am packing between 378 and 390 AP depending on if I feel like wearing hit gear.

Gracob-Elune

Grabco said:
+15 str on smites would mean that your weapon slot alone provides 52 AP. If talented for divine str (15%) that would be 3.9 extra str and 7.8 extra AP. For a grand total of 59.8 AP from your weapon slot all day long!

The only logical argument for crusader is that it provides unpredictable burst damage and a heal that can drastically change the outcome of a confrontation/duel or even a BG. The arguments against it are that as long as it is not proccing it is as if you don't have your weapon chanted, and people can stun and run from it.

I am currently using +15 str and I am packing between 378 and 390 AP depending on if I feel like wearing hit gear.

Gracob-Elune

Yup like I said it depends on playstyle.:eek::cool:

The heal is what puts crusader over the top imo.

We can deliberate about the dps bonus but fact is that the heal will turn a battle.

fuzzles said:
The heal is what puts crusader over the top imo.

We can deliberate about the dps bonus but fact is that the heal will turn a battle.

Yeah when crusader double procs for me its basically like I win lol :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread