Pally FC Viable?

Hyfee

OG
I know druid is superior, but is a Human Pally with double AGM still viable or even in the same league? Or should I just roll druid.

most people will prolly say no with the next inc patch, but i dont see a problem with having a cc/healing druid get it across the field and then let the fc pally hold it.

pallys won't be bad fcs, just outclassed. HoF has been reduced to 6 seconds from 10 seconds (10 if you get 2/2 guardian's favor) and ghost wolf is... is just great. Go ahead and feel free to grab the flag if you're on a pally but for a devoted fc druids and shamans will be the best.

Well the real question is: Are we talking about pug FCing, or 10v10s?

In pugs where teams are generally disorganized and lacking dispels, a Paladin is very viable. Druid will always be a better FC, but you can still have success as a Paladin.

In a 10v10, no, I've always held firm to the fact that Paladins fail as FCs in premades against any competent opponent.

Ertai said:
Well the real question is: Are we talking about pug FCing, or 10v10s?

In pugs where teams are generally disorganized and lacking dispels, a Paladin is very viable. Druid will always be a better FC, but you can still have success as a Paladin.

In a 10v10, no, I've always held firm to the fact that Paladins fail as FCs in premades against any competent opponent.
Good point actually, paladins have useful skills but really slows are what kill a fc and HoF can be dispelled. The mail armor, divine protection, and lay on hands are all amazing though - you can't argue against that. They are still great for holding it in-base. I'll argue better, though a druid or shaman post 3.2 will get it across the field more reliably.

On a real 10v10 situation your kiting it around the base rather than holding your ground and getting beaten. So druids are quite superior there too. One could argue that they cant use the full speed in fear of leaving healers behind tho (druid and 4 shamans deff anyone?). But then on the other hand even a warrior would be better to just hold it in base in most situations since they have alot more mitigation than paladins and they could have a paladin to profit all his buffs anyway.

In pug games it doesnt really matter which class you are, but thats where druids travel from will show its full benefits since you usually wont need to worry about leaving your team behind.

My pally's in perfect FC gear on armory atm except I am missing an agm. I would say they are still useful as we have lay on hands, which is a huge saver, and basically a second life. We also are able to fight if needed, I'm not sure how well druids will be in lets say 2v2 or 2v3 situations where they need to fight with the flag.

Insertgold said:
My pally's in perfect FC gear on armory atm except I am missing an agm. I would say they are still useful as we have lay on hands, which is a huge saver, and basically a second life. We also are able to fight if needed, I'm not sure how well druids will be in lets say 2v2 or 2v3 situations where they need to fight with the flag.

If someone's playing an FC Druid right they would never stop to fight.

My pally's in perfect FC gear on armory atm except I am missing an agm.

Its not really, youd want monkey/eagle gloves, the 5 stam dagger or resi boa with healing or 15agi, resi trinket, resi shoulders and 9 sta boots instead. Those atleast I noticed at first glance.

Paladin Changing roles in WSG

I know I will be playing my pally a little bit different in 3.2, before I used to always get FC duty in PUGs and I didn't mind it, I will still off FC when there is noone else.

3.2 is going to be about getting that first cap and then defending the base. All fighting should be in one teams flag room or the other. I imagine that pallies will play a big healing role due to the game changing LoH (use it early -15min CD in a 20 min BG will get you 2 chances to use it). Get a good balanced healing set with a +22 int mace and a +30 spellpower mace.

Pallies should also get a crit set mostly from BoA's. +6 crit rating shoulders, 6 crit rating chest, +6 crit rating axe, +4 crit rating ring (x2?), and +9 crit rating from skinning. +25 agility (full crit), crusader, or +20 haste. and a few agil pieces like cobrahn's grasp and wsg neck. Talented into 0/0/10 (+3%) crit rating debuff

With this set pallies and also warriors may become crit machines

If there are no druids or shamans around, a pally FC could do the job. But if a pally grabbed it even when a druid or shaman was there, then he would just be hurting the team.

I play both and I currently think they are both very good FCers, next patch druids will be far surperior due to travel form.

I changed my game play up a fair bit. I can still be a sweet FC when called upon. But for the most part I rock a shock/heal set and pending on the length of the game I do just as much healing as I do damage. Its a fun roll to have thats for sure.

This is true, one of the only classes that can do equal damage and healing and be decent at both. I just like the utility a pally provides at 19.

Grabco said:
This is true, one of the only classes that can do equal damage and healing and be decent at both. I just like the utility a pally provides at 19.

Thats one of the things that drew me to shamans.

K, I'm understanding everyones point of views, and obviously Druid is good for getting it back to the base, but pally can still be viable in base. And perhaps druid travel form might actually cause problems at times for running away from healers.

My new question now is, when in the alliance base, would you rather be a Druid FC or a pally FC.

Hyfee said:
K, I'm understanding everyones point of views, and obviously Druid is good for getting it back to the base, but pally can still be viable in base. And perhaps druid travel form might actually cause problems at times for running away from healers.

My new question now is, when in the alliance base, would you rather be a Druid FC or a pally FC.

Druid.

Being able to move more than your support is not a disadvantage, it lets you place yourself where you need to be. It just means you cant run run run and ignore your support, positioning and communication is much more important than before.

Users who are viewing this thread