Paladins in 3.2

Judgement of Light: Now heals for 2% of the attacker’s maximum health instead of a variable amount based on the spell power and attack power of the judging paladin.

A normal balance-gear retadin twink will have approximately 2000 health and thus gain about 40 health per attack. That's virtually no difference for most retwinkadins - mine heals for 39. It's also not a high enough % to gain much from stacking health, though it's still doable. 3k health and you gain 60 health per proc. Nothing to shit about but everything counts. This will actually be a nerf to non-twink paladins. 1400 max health would give only 28 heal per proc for example.

Righteous Fury: No longer has a duration or mana cost, remaining until cancelled or death. Also cancelled when a Paladin activates a different talent specialization.

This is one that I care about. I'm assuming it will no longer be dispellable and thus loses its use in BGs. I haven't seen many others do this, but I do it all the time; cast all your buffs then top it off with Righteous Fury. There are a lot of shamans who like to dispel every buff on every paladin they see and Righteous Fury gets in the way of them dispelling my blessing or agate shield buff. It's been very useful to me in that way. I'll be sad to see that go :(

Divine Intellect: This talent now gives 2/4/6/8/10% increased intellect instead of 3/6/9/12/15%

Holy pallys get bad enough gear/support in the early levels as it is :( This isn't really a huge difference but like I said earlier it's bad enough there's no decent mail caster gear until BC.

Aside from the changes happening to some of the other classes that seems to be it for 3.2 affecting Paladins. With the mounts being available at 20 and WSG being limited to 20 minutes per game I think I'll be spending a lot more time in Arathi Basin. I think I'm looking forward to it but I can't help but made a sad-face :( for the future of WSG.

fuzzles said:

Righteous Fury: No longer has a duration or mana cost, remaining until cancelled or death. Also cancelled when a Paladin activates a different talent specialization.

This is one that I care about. I'm assuming it will no longer be dispellable and thus loses its use in BGs. I haven't seen many others do this, but I do it all the time; cast all your buffs then top it off with Righteous Fury. There are a lot of shamans who like to dispel every buff on every paladin they see and Righteous Fury gets in the way of them dispelling my blessing or agate shield buff. It's been very useful to me in that way. I'll be sad to see that go :(

Aside from the changes happening to some of the other classes that seems to be it for 3.2 affecting Paladins. With the mounts being available at 20 and WSG being limited to 20 minutes per game I think I'll be spending a lot more time in Arathi Basin. I think I'm looking forward to it but I can't help but made a sad-face :( for the future of WSG.

I do the same thing with righteous fury and I'm also sad to see that usage of it gone. This will help when you're prot/fc spec'd and your righteous fury reduces your damage taken by an additional 6%, so when it gets dispelled it hurts fairly considerably and it costs a ton of mana to re-cast. So I suppose in that regard it's a positive change.

I think 2 of the things that bothered me quite a bit within the patch changes for paladins were a couple things that you left out. Those things being:

# Seal of Command: Redesigned. This seal now deals 36% weapon damage on every swing, and deals substantially less judgement damage.

FFS blizz, you already nerfed the shit out of it, dropping it to 36% weapon damage wasn't necessary nor was the "substantially less judgement damage" which had already been nerfed after the release of 3.0.

I want to know how substantially less that really is. I'm really thinking this will affect ret paladin burst by a fair amount, especially in the lower brackets. Sure you'll be dealing SoC damage on every swing, but it's going to be less than what you usually would, crit for less, and your judgements are going to be dealing quite a bit less than they normally would. Also, paladins below the 49 bracket will be unable to spec into the Art of War talent allowing them to use exorcism as instant cast which will more than likely make up for the substantial drop in judgement damage.

# Vindication: Redesigned. Now lowers target attack power, is consistent and does not stack with Demoralizing Shout.

All I can say is GG... it was essentially consistent in the first place, I don't see how they can cite that as a positive attribute of this change.

Yay Im a hunter! I never get nerfed for absolutely no reason at all! I two shot clothies and can kite any melee class! Isnt Wingclip + disengage just the best!?

Not so bad...

Us Pallys were pretty good before. I don't think this nerf will make a massive difference to skilled twinks, so theres nothing to worry about!:D

Anyway, there are more important changes coming to twinking than a few paladin nerfs, I'd be more concerned with them.;)

sry for no follow-up I can't believe I only used the World of Warcraft Twink Info 3.2 Level 19 Twink Highlights site instead of mmochampion >.> i was rather committed the last couple of days and didn't get on at all.

i'll miss vindication. i remember when they gave us hand of reckoning, it was sooo good with vindication. then they nerfed hor and it felt like a nerf to vindication more than anything. now vindication is going to be a narrowly useful "meh" skill, i prolly won't even talent for it. 2% more crit sounds better.

Maerduk said:
FFS blizz, you already nerfed the shit out of it, dropping it to 36% weapon damage wasn't necessary nor was the "substantially less judgement damage" which had already been nerfed after the release of 3.0.

They always do this to a class, they buff a class, then people complain (especially in 80 arenas) and then they over-nerf. They never look at the hard data compiled in the ptrs and they just rubber band back and forth as they please.

My main is a BM hunter, and when 3.08 hit I overnight lost over 1000dps, which is what all the evidence from the ptrs indicated would happen, but until they see it live, and hear people scream, they refuse to listen--and you are lucky if they do then.

The worst nerf is most definitely to illumination. 60% to 30%. All of your listed ones are pretty much for rets. Illumination is essentially game breaking at 29, because that regen when you do actually crit is amazing, because we don't have Seal of Wisdom, only the judge.

Screamforme said:
They always do this to a class, they buff a class, then people complain (especially in 80 arenas) and then they over-nerf. They never look at the hard data compiled in the ptrs and they just rubber band back and forth as they please.

My main is a BM hunter, and when 3.08 hit I overnight lost over 1000dps, which is what all the evidence from the ptrs indicated would happen, but until they see it live, and hear people scream, they refuse to listen--and you are lucky if they do then.

Lol I completely understand it just gets annoying because it usually happens to the classes I play. Unfortunately I chose 2 classes that like to get "rubber banded" a lot so to speak. Hunter and pally... Inc flame posts, but I rolled them 4 years ago now without realizing that they were basically 2 of the most badass classes at least dps-wise in raids (hunter) and pvp-wise ret/holy pally.

rishi said:
Yay Im a hunter! I never get nerfed for absolutely no reason at all! I two shot clothies and can kite any melee class! Isnt Wingclip + disengage just the best!?

Pfff any good rogue can kill hunter easily

*If you dont get the opener its much harder but still possible..

Users who are viewing this thread