Paladin Vs Shaman

WoG through wolves, then still have bubble in the pocket?

Funny, my 70 ret can take out an enhancement despite the wolves, but resto seems like it can heal thru everything.

Divine Storm during wolves. I'll WoG early so it's off CD later if I need it. I often use Repentence to close distance. And hammer away. Get him to 30%, HoJ, 2-3 exos, Templar's if it's at 3 Holy Power, Rebuke if necessary, and a HoW usually will finish him.

Seems like a lot of Shammies don't use their totems to full advantage.

Just dueled a 73 resto and he healed himself thru everything I did, including procs, without going below 80% mana. He used mana spring totem only.

I don't know if people consider ret viable at 70. I like it, but get crushed in duels by mages, rogues, and at least one demo lock who stuns like a rogue. I only beat rogues if I get a couple Art of War procs, and then the win feels cheap. Priests are tough.

I guess non of you have ever faced a skillful shamy. Maybe my question was not put right. I have beat many shamans but there is a specific that I don't even come close. The remove my stun and do gr8 dps on me. They interrupt every 6 seconds and heal a lot

A good enchancement shammy is imo near impossible to beat as ret, unless you get à proc every sec or something :) à non skilled one shouldnt be that hard :) try and keep yourself alive throu wolfes and pray that you get à lucky string of procs.

mdagis said:
I guess non of you have ever faced a skillful shamy. Maybe my question was not put right. I have beat many shamans but there is a specific that I don't even come close. The remove my stun and do gr8 dps on me. They interrupt every 6 seconds and heal a lot

Sounds like you dont really want an answer, think you just want people to acknowledge how broken this bracket is in terms of class balance and how you cant hammer and exo spam him to death..

A good shaman wont get killed by a casted exo spam. Wind shear locks you out of holy spells for 4 or so seconds ( idr ), also when facing a somewhat bursty class like ret, kiting can be helpful if u purge spam and a Maelstrom GHW will bring them to full with no healing debuffs. SHam rage for the HoW if they get you there, 30% dmg decrease is usefull, either pop it at start to avoid opening burst or save it for when you need. THe no mana cost can be helpful after purge spam. Shaman v paladin is not really a fight you can decide based on typing, itll have to be based on skill and gear. Always. If you ask me paladins and shamans have more of a complex array of abilities to use, shamans have more, but atleast its not an icelance spam with occasional deep freeze.

Users who are viewing this thread