P2P Unlocks for F2P

Osochron

Yesterday I caved and bought the deal where I get 2 months of game time plus the Dragonflight expansion and a lvl 60 boost. I'm not planning on re-subbing after the two months are up so I want to use this time to "set up" my f2p experience.

I've been unlocking the allied races and having a blast unlocking things MoP Remix. Besides those two things, are there other p2p exclusive items or unlocks that would be helpful for f2p?

Hyper-Compressed Ocean if you are into fishing.
Wormhole Generator: Shadowlands to get around SL easier. All you need to do is learn SL engineering and it works at any level.
Get plenty of Straddling Jewel Doublet and Revitalizing Jewel Doublet while you have AH access for current and future chars. Especially the second since you can't get the rep to craft it at 20.

Get a multi-person mount like Traveler's Tundra Mammoth so you have an on demand vendor and repairs if you need it. Be sure to buy with a goblin because they will get the faction discount and save 4000 gold. If you end up being rich or buy a token you can consider Grand Expedition Yak for 120k gold.

Finish the Dragonflight campaign up through Moving On. This will enable adventure mode for your alts. In the prepatch this will let all four main zones scale to 10, so they will be doable with any alts.

Unlock the warband bank in the prepatch. If you want to store a bunch of stuff in there get at least the second tab at 25k gold. Make sure you leave all your gold on a character you will have access to once your sub ends. You can put it in the warbank, but you never know if something you want later will pop up on a vendor. With the gold cap you wont be able to get it out, so leaving it there should be fine in the long run.

The exploration maps are handy, but I think warbands will enable everyone to have access to all discovered flightpaths. So get all of the flightpaths on a character.

Get materials for any professions you want to level while you have access to the auction house.

Unlock Mechagon if you want to do stuff there in the future.

To add to this, if you unlock the world quests for Legion and BfA, your lvl 20 will be able to participate in the Legion and BfA invasions. Mostly just extra stuff to do, but Legion invasions are also a good source of class hall resources, if you're interested in that.

Hyper-Compressed Ocean if you are into fishing.
Wormhole Generator: Shadowlands to get around SL easier. All you need to do is learn SL engineering and it works at any level.
Get plenty of Straddling Jewel Doublet and Revitalizing Jewel Doublet while you have AH access for current and future chars. Especially the second since you can't get the rep to craft it at 20.

Get a multi-person mount like Traveler's Tundra Mammoth so you have an on demand vendor and repairs if you need it. Be sure to buy with a goblin because they will get the faction discount and save 4000 gold. If you end up being rich or buy a token you can consider Grand Expedition Yak for 120k gold.

Finish the Dragonflight campaign up through Moving On. This will enable adventure mode for your alts. In the prepatch this will let all four main zones scale to 10, so they will be doable with any alts.

Unlock the warband bank in the prepatch. If you want to store a bunch of stuff in there get at least the second tab at 25k gold. Make sure you leave all your gold on a character you will have access to once your sub ends. You can put it in the warbank, but you never know if something you want later will pop up on a vendor. With the gold cap you wont be able to get it out, so leaving it there should be fine in the long run.

The exploration maps are handy, but I think warbands will enable everyone to have access to all discovered flightpaths. So get all of the flightpaths on a character.

Get materials for any professions you want to level while you have access to the auction house.

Fantastic suggestions. I haven't played for a while so I had no idea you can unlock Dragon Isles for alts. Awesome.

Also found out that Jeeves can be made almost entirely F2P, except for the two Field Repair Bot-74as so I will be stocking some of those.
Did the character level requirement for getting the Scrapbot Construction Kit quest change?

Field Repair Bot-74a is best learned once Classic Engineering level 300 and especially during the Brewfest, as you can be teleported close to the plan location if you can stealth or use invisibility potions to get close to read schematic before being swamped by boss and minions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread