OMG Epic Mounts for 49s...

A loooong time ago back when av first came out and bgs were done by the tens (10-20 ect) av was I think 30-60 it was a huge gap. Anyway there was I want to say a NE rogue. He had one of the first real twinks and he pvp'd all the way to exalted with the faction, and got himself ye olde epic mount. As far as I know he's the only one who got it before they changed the system. I could be wrong though.

There was NEVER a lowbie AV. There were 2 ways to get to an epic mount, buy it @ 60 or get it via Commander/Lieut General. To get to rank 11 doing PvP would factor against all the lvl 60's pvp'ing for their title who were getting a boat load more honor per kill than the 49s.

I'd have to see it to believe it since all literature points to it NOT being possible. NO OFFENSE to u though, I think it would be kinda cool. I remember a rank 13 druid that had the full epic pvp set which had a built in speed buff and used to tear stuff up and still run away faster...

Alkaholic said:
There was NEVER a lowbie AV. There were 2 ways to get to an epic mount, buy it @ 60 or get it via Commander/Lieut General. To get to rank 11 doing PvP would factor against all the lvl 60's pvp'ing for their title who were getting a boat load more honor per kill than the 49s.

I'd have to see it to believe it since all literature points to it NOT being possible. NO OFFENSE to u though, I think it would be kinda cool. I remember a rank 13 druid that had the full epic pvp set which had a built in speed buff and used to tear stuff up and still run away faster...

There wasn't a lowbie av it simply didn't have the requires level 51 to get in thing all levels between 30-60 joined the same one. It's a story I heard from my old vent when I played horde on bleeding hollow.

I find it hard to believe that there was someone who was able to do that between 6/7/05 and 9/13/05. Also, buying the mounts w/ 30 of each av/ab/wsg marks didn't happen till after they made it lvl 60 requirement.

Ur vent buddies pulled a fast one on u...

Lol this is quite the interesting change, I really don't even know how to respond to this. Frankly I suppose I don't really care, it won't make too much of a difference. JoJ and PoJ will still make rets able to chase people down and stop them from getting away. It'll just be like pvping at 70 on my main lvl pally, except at 49... And now I get to use my badass Zhevra mount.

curious if this affects the old school mount quests you pallies and locks have. hmm..

i think we'll just be able to buy it now. it's bad enough finding a grp for scholo and strat at the right lvl.....talk about buying runs for a 49 lol. can a 49 even get into those?

Falkor said:
i think we'll just be able to buy it now. it's bad enough finding a grp for scholo and strat at the right lvl.....talk about buying runs for a 49 lol. can a 49 even get into those?

I don't think they can, I thought they had already removed the questline recently anyway?

idkm i never had a pally past 49 and i lvled my lock during BC and i did the questline.

what i thought they did was make it buyable, but if u did the quest you got a feat of strength achievement........idk, honestly no idea.

Falkor said:
idkm i never had a pally past 49 and i lvled my lock during BC and i did the questline.

what i thought they did was make it buyable, but if u did the quest you got a feat of strength achievement........idk, honestly no idea.

Yeah that's what I meant, I'm a lil out of it. I meant they removed the requirement to do the questline to obtain the mount, I believe they made it so you could purchase the mount from the vendor since around the patch they made mounts available for lvl 30+.

I've already got my [ITEM]Black War Bear[/ITEM] for the next patch on my Druid. Hopefully I'll be picking up the [ITEM]Traveler's Tundra Mammoth[/ITEM] soon. Having the vehicle mount at 49 will definitely be pretty imbalanced, being able to carefully carry 3 people together.

so level requirements won't exist anymore, or will change to lvl 40?

i might have to do zero xp baron runs b/c that is a crazy good idea lol.

GL on baron mount, I solo and duo ran that with a buddy for months straight in BC and tons of times pre-bc haven't seen the mount ever, nor the runeblade. We did manage to pull a book of the dead from living strat and headmaster's charge from scholo though.

Either way, I'm still liking my zhevra mount if they drop the level requirement and probably the brown warbear as well. Somehow I'm doubting that they'll allow people to use the vehicle mammoths prior to lvl 60, if they did it would definitely be imba though.

they buffed the barons drop rate to ~.01 or .1 something like that. i see it all over my server now, altho it's still a bit of a status symbol @ 80 and definitely would be @ 49 imo.

vanilla and even in BC it had like a .0001 or some rediculiously low drop rate.

i did see the sword drop once in vanilla but i lost the roll sadly, i always loved that thing!

Falkor said:
they buffed the barons drop rate to ~.01 or .1 something like that. i see it all over my server now, altho it's still a bit of a status symbol @ 80 and definitely would be @ 49 imo.

vanilla and even in BC it had like a .0001 or some rediculiously low drop rate.

i did see the sword drop once in vanilla but i lost the roll sadly, i always loved that thing!

hmm it's probably .1 now then if it's numerous these days. It used to be .01 if I remember correctly as spellshock leggings had a .001 droprate making them a more rare item.

heh spellshock doesnt even have a drop rate imo =P

i read something interesting about how it'll only drop off chief, his bodyguard, and a small % off anut. so if i ever wanted to farm or if u do just kill those 3 and reset asap

Users who are viewing this thread