PTR Old Raids Scale with Raidfinder

Tom Ganks

Not sure if anyone knew, but if you go to certain NPCs and queue for a raidfinder, you enter the raid scaled down to its original intended lvl. It hasn't let me do this for legion raids, but I tried it with Archimonde from HFC and it worked. I hope this means we will be able to get beneficial (scaled up) drops for higher levels like how timewalking raids do!

Edit: All gems, item abilities, and enchants seem to be disabled. So we may only be able to benefit from an item's base stats and potions/elixers when scaled.

I haven't tested this yet with lower lvls like 10.

timewalking.PNG

timewalking 2.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried cata raidfinder and I scaled to 35. This looks promising for higher end twinks when it comes to trinkets and such. But yeah shame it doesn't look to be the case (yet) for 10s.

timewalking 3.PNG

probably wont be considering they're big on scaling folks down. not too big on scaling folks up.

I'm hoping if they do, they could add the class abilities temporarily so they can raid effectively.

I guess Coren Direbrew boss is an example of reverse scaling or squishing low lvl players in with higher ones.
You dont ever go up in level though. The bosses health and damage output is relative to each individual player. Which, I suppose they could do for every raid but why would they? The whole carrot/stick model of MMORPGs is that leveling brings new content and abilities. If you could just level up to/down to every bit of content, why would anyone level past one? Why even have a leveling system? Just start everyone at 60.

Do you have a 35 or 40 to try these at their lowest allowed level? To see if trinkets and other things are active.

85s did some dragon soul LFR as an event this year, this would be a big blow to that type of activity if the scaling effects the base level allowed into these

Do you have a 35 or 40 to try these at their lowest allowed level? To see if trinkets and other things are active.

85s did some dragon soul LFR as an event this year, this would be a big blow to that type of activity if the scaling effects the base level allowed into these

No I don't have any sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread