US Old BC Era Rogue, Advice Needed!

eclips

Veteran
Made a post yesterday in a forum that I guess doesn't get much traction, I was curious as to things I should be working towards on the rogue .

Pretty sure I have the lock all figured out, I've looked at the armories available though for the rogue. I'm still unsure of immediate goals to work towards. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Made a post yesterday in a forum that I guess doesn't get much traction, I was curious as to things I should be working towards on the rogue .

Pretty sure I have the lock all figured out, I've looked at the armories available though for the rogue. I'm still unsure of immediate goals to work towards. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Critical question, are you planning on resubbing or no?

No, not on the rogue. Thanks for the reply. :)

Then you'll just need to replace a few pieces of gear.

I'm not really much of a rogue player, but I think people are gearing their rogues a bit tankier than you currently are. Without dual ele force, you're just not gonna put out much damage, even agi stacked.

Most f2p rogues are CC monsters, not damage dealers.

So keep all that high agi gear but build yourself a tankier set. Look for pieces with versatility (it works alot like resilience did back in bc) and haste. This is going to be Aurora suffix gear from random dungeon satchels and BG crates.

Youll particularly want to replace your chest, legs, boots, bracers and neck. You can also get a different ring to replace the wsg ring.

Oh and get a second darkwater talwar. I'm not sure if it would be better than your weapon with fiery but it's worth checking out.

That can all be done in a pretty easy weekend.

A good stretch goal would be to build a pure vers set (the "adaptable" suffix is fairly rare) which would give you your current high agi set, a balanced set and a pure "tank rogue" set.

But you're pretty well set up as is, so you don't have much to change

Then you'll just need to replace a few pieces of gear.

I'm not really much of a rogue player, but I think people are gearing their rogues a bit tankier than you currently are. Without dual ele force, you're just not gonna put out much damage, even agi stacked.

Most f2p rogues are CC monsters, not damage dealers.

So keep all that high agi gear but build yourself a tankier set. Look for pieces with versatility (it works alot like resilience did back in bc) and haste. This is going to be Aurora suffix gear from random dungeon satchels and BG crates.

Youll particularly want to replace your chest, legs, boots, bracers and neck. You can also get a different ring to replace the wsg ring.

Oh and get a second darkwater talwar. I'm not sure if it would be better than your weapon with fiery but it's worth checking out.

That can all be done in a pretty easy weekend.

A good stretch goal would be to build a pure vers set (the "adaptable" suffix is fairly rare) which would give you your current high agi set, a balanced set and a pure "tank rogue" set.

But you're pretty well set up as is, so you don't have much to change

Agree with a majority of what you wrote. I would definitely keep the boots over the Krom'Gar ones with and maybe rock forest leather gloves and dark leather belt until more crate/satchel gear drops. Talwar already does more dmg than skeletal club but with proc so I would def switch mh. Also if you want, engineering offers vers helm and cloak.

Last edited:
Playing this bracket when you get games that are pure F2P's and occasional levelers feels surprisingly really good.

Look for pieces with versatility (it works alot like resilience did back in bc)

bc resilience was completely different, reducing chance to be crit and damage taken from crits and reduced mana drains

it wasnt until mid wotlk that it had a flat dmg reduction component, and cata removed the chance to be crit component, it wasnt rare to see feral druids using parts of pvp season gear to quickly become uncrittable in pve in parts of wotlk

Oh man, I got my mechanics mixed up by a couple months. Thanks for heroically correcting it.

Also, do you remember that shaman who stacked enough resil to tank... I think it was Kara?

I miss stat manipulation like that.

Users who are viewing this thread