[off topic] Smite, F2P: Assault & Arena mode

babouchka

Legend
EGMnow_Smite.jpg

Hey Guys,

I played around 100 games of Smite which is currently in open beta and f2p. The game was done by the company who did Tribes, it's actually pretty good. Just wanted to share. If you search for an alternative to Wow, it's actually pretty good.

Smite is a Moba (like League of Legends and Dota) in 3rd person view (like wow). I'm not a huge fan of Moba and only play the Assault & Arena Mode which to me looks really close to Wow battlegrounds.

Totalbiscuit covered the game in 3 videos: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=totalbiscuit+smite

So how does it work?

• Assault mode: It's 5v5, you have a single lane, each player get a random hero (there is around 35 heroes at the moment), and you have to fight waves of creep, destroy towers & kills the opponent's minotaur.
  • Arena mode: 5v5, each team starts with 300 tickets, a death removes 5 tickets and if creeps reach the ennemy portal it also remove a ticket, first team to zero loose.

Games are short (around 10-20min), and the queue is real short (sometimes insta queue, max 3-4 minutes, you can also jump on any mode you want, timers to enter are displayed near each modes).

Check & play the game for free.

Note: i used a referrer in the link, if you play the game up to a certain lvl, i might gain some ingame currency (which unlocks heroes and/or skin).

smite-2012-08-06-23-32-16-438.jpg

draft_lens19665613module160726703photo_1343668954-aa-.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Go to forum and look under
F2P TWINKING
and read the description... [MENTION=6815]Dramatized[/MENTION]

Go to forum and look under
F2P TWINKING
and read the description... Dramatized

"Free to Play only. For discussion on twinking on a WoW trial account."

On Twinkinfo's Portal page: "TwinkInfo.com (Twink Info) is the largest World of Warcraft WoW twink community around."

So, as I wrote previously, how could anything ouside twinking qualify on this forum if we were to go by your logic?

Please spare us the backseat moderation and let the real ones handle it in the future.

The description of TI does not say for discussion on twinking on a wow trial account yet the bracket does. The reason the Other games section was introduced was to keep these kind of threads away.

By your logic I could post a thread about 40-49 in this thread because it fills up the standard of being about twinking, who cares if theres another better section to post it lets just rofl around and hope a mod dont catch us.

The description of TI does not say for discussion on twinking on a wow trial account yet the bracket does. The reason the Other games section was introduced was to keep these kind of threads away.

By your logic I could post a thread about 40-49 in this thread because it fills up the standard of being about twinking, who cares if theres another better section to post it lets just rofl around and hope a mod dont catch us.

But it's F2P - F2P - F2P, that's the main deal with the section, god

Users who are viewing this thread