Odd item scaling in BG's

Vaxyo

Legend
Anyone else noticed this? Some of my sub 400 ilevel items were scaled down to 200-something.

According to the pictures your items were scaled 88ilvls up?

Indeed, I'm referring to some of my lower level items which for some reason were scaled down from say 308 to 260ish, so I'm trying hard to see why 409's would be scaled up to level 90 standards but sub 409's would scale down :S

might be that in some way the 400+ items are getting scaled for lvl 90 and the <400 items are getting scaled for lower lvls in some weird typically blizzard fashion fuckup..?

imo, its not so much the resi 40/65% issue, but rather the weird and somewhat out of control item scaling thats blowing damage output out of proportion in bgs atm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know when scaling on world drop items like ribsmasher and insect smasher will also scale up in bgs?

My only guess is that instead of Blizz scaling up individual items they simply scale up EVERYTHING on you. Then when there's specific items that would be 'TOO powerful if scaled up' they simply have it set to scale those back down.

So instead of each item being given a value (ex: 1 for scale up, 0 for scale down), it goes:
---
If Value=0 (OP item if scaled) then ScaleDown
else DoNothing
end if
AllScaleUp
---

That way every item is being scaled up by the same amount, with OP items being scaled down beforehand to make up for the upscale.
Basically, it's Blizz saying "Your items have been scaled up, but these certain items have been scaled down to counteract the overall scale up we have given you and your items".
Then again, I have no clue what I'm talking about you probably should just ignore this post - Hopefully it helps though.

Users who are viewing this thread