Obtaining the AGM trinket

2 more questions:

-If I group with a pally, will they be able to cast Hand of Protection on me if we are in free for all pvp?

-If the pally can bubble me, will I be able to interact with the chest? If I start opening the chest first, and then have the bubble cast would it break the opening cast bar?

phenn said:
2 more questions:

-If I group with a pally, will they be able to cast Hand of Protection on me if we are in free for all pvp?

-If the pally can bubble me, will I be able to interact with the chest? If I start opening the chest first, and then have the bubble cast would it break the opening cast bar?

yes, if you're in a group.

no. you wont be able to click the chest until the bubble breaks.

IF a level 80 wants to kill a level 19 in the arena he is going to, no matter how many bubbles or heals you have on you.

I have my twink on a different account as my main. I logged on both and cleared with my main. Once it was clear, I ran over and looted with the other character. Took me about 2 weeks to finish this.

The 80's on my server have some sick obsession with getting the achievement or they just enjoy preventing others from attempting it.

I have tired many tactics to no avail. Clearing with your main is hopeless when there is 10 - 15 80's who fight for up to an hour over the chest and do it consistently all times of night and day.

I have looted it once at 9am in the morning. I just strolled in and got it. Every other time it has been an 80 war or a cheeky rouge.* Guess i will just have to transfer somewhere less populated.

Any other tactics or experiences??????

I solod pretty much all of my on badoran (I've got two AGM's on my rogue).

I'd just park my 80 Alliance DK right in the center when the chest dropped. I'd /dance and force quit wow and relog on my horde rogue. Since I force quit, my DK would still be there dancing. People would assume I was with the DK since he wasn't one shotting me and let me loot the chest.

I made a DK on a second account and told all the PvP geared people I saw that the DK was camping me, insulting me, etc. Generally people enjoy making twinks cry but I found that if you give them something else to focus their nerd rage on (scrub DKs are probably the only thing more hated than 19 twinks by the general wow population) then they will help you just to spite the DK you're dualboxing. Also, If people are just there for PvP you can offer to leave everything but the trinket. I partnered with an arena team that just enjoyed killing people, they liked the idea even more when I told them how much more pissed off the achievement whores would be if they ended up letting them loot the chest only to see no trinket.

Well I got one AGM on one of my twinks and I don't plan on going through that again any time soon. Way too many achievement whoring level 80s on my server.

1) Hire an Army to fight for you at 25g per person

2) Camp the Arena every 3 hours, no matter what time it is

3) Be nice to people who get the chest, tell them what your doing and if they are reasonable, they may help you

4) Camp times where the population is low, i.e - 3, 6 am?

5) Roll a gnome and pop inside of the chest, they can't do anything to the chest while your "using" it ;)

If you want to get banned, theres always the option of terrain exploiting. :)

CIHC said:
1) Hire an Army to fight for you at 25g per person

2) Camp the Arena every 3 hours, no matter what time it is

3) Be nice to people who get the chest, tell them what your doing and if they are reasonable, they may help you

4) Camp times where the population is low, i.e - 3, 6 am?

5) Roll a gnome and pop inside of the chest, they can't do anything to the chest while your "using" it ;)

If you want to get banned, theres always the option of terrain exploiting. :)

If you want the gnome option you don't need to roll a gnome, just use pygmy oil.

Most of the advice here is decent.

I think on High pop servers diplomacy & help is very important. If you are nice to people you're gonna get ur trinket eventually. If you're rude to people sometimes it will cause them to nerd rage and their goals will change to just denying people from getting the trinket for the rest of their pathetic wow life.

If you have ur main on the server bring the main there to help clear. If on same account no need to waste time using alt + F4 just have a 2nd wow window open with ur account info already typed in. Log on ur twink and loot; your main will still be in game as you are looting and may also act as a deterent for other people thinking about jumping in to stop you from looting. Rremember, they don't necessarily know it's your toon.

While the terrain exploiting may sound good don't risk it. Its only as effective as the gnome trick. Not only can they still target you and still hit you with aoe but you could lose your account too.

Secclusion said:
While the terrain exploiting may sound good don't risk it. Its only as effective as the gnome trick. Not only can they still target you and still hit you with aoe but you could lose your account too.

Plus if you die "under" the area, where there is no land, your body will fall to your death and possibly you might end up getting stuck in "The Other World's " Graveyard [which is a spirit healer, floating in mid air while your body continues to fall to your death] or you'll just end up at the normal graveyard.

And yes, you will possibly, maybe lose your account :3

Thanks guys, Im pretty sure there are those on my server that enjoy just denying others, they get major satisfaction from stopping you and watching the chest despawn.

I agree 3am, 6 am and 9 am are the best. I've attempted the pigmy oil trick however im always killed by some rouge using fan on knives lol.

Agm will be mine on a different server!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread