obtaining mail 39 twink gear

So I recently lvled my 29 warrior twink and I am in the process of collecting twink gear for 39 but...what a pain. I mean it has been awhile since gathering my 29 gear but at the rate im going I may end up either sitting at the AH for eternity or lvling to twink 49s.

So far its been from lvl 30-32 grinding ulda with no luck yet on bracers of monkey/pwer. Nothing in AH for the sash/epic gloves/or legs. Next up is SM farming:D

Anyone else experience this when twinking 39 warrior/pally/shammy etc?

what a pain lol

Well, there's a chance I'll run into issues finding gear for just about any class. If your AH sucks for whatever reason, or you simply aren't lucky, you'll have to wait a while for the important items to show up. On my server, for instance, We have issues finding Underworld Bands, and now the few that are around are 2k+ gold. It happens, you just have to be patient. =/

Oh, and yeah, Revelosh is a thorn in everyone's side. And I really wouldn't expect it to be any easier at 49.

Yea, Im not sure what was worse the ~ 165 runs I did for my 39 shaman's eagle shoulders or the ~ 120 BRD arena runs I did for my 49 druid's belt.

Jadyn said:
Well, there's a chance I'll run into issues finding gear for just about any class. If your AH sucks for whatever reason, or you simply aren't lucky, you'll have to wait a while for the important items to show up. On my server, for instance, We have issues finding Underworld Bands, and now the few that are around are 2k+ gold. It happens, you just have to be patient. =/

Oh, and yeah, Revelosh is a thorn in everyone's side. And I really wouldn't expect it to be any easier at 49.

its more like a barbed spear through all your vital organs.

I have run so many people not including my own 6 twinks thru instances at 39 for xp/loot its not even funny. 1000 times thru sm (mostly just cath for xp runs) is not an exaggeration nor is 1000+ revelosh runs.

First, dont use the ogron's sash, stop gimping your armor, warriors are weak enough at 39. Farm the rare in RFD for the boar champion's belt. Second, SM will easiliy take care of your shoulders (if you dont have the BoA's), helm, gloves, and a shield. Pants are no biggie either on the AH unless you just hold out for the nutty rare ulda pants. Firemane legs are common, and you can also use a green pair to trade 6str for 6stam, yes greens are that good. Boots are just a green unless you want the low armor ones in ulda, which are a guaranteed drop from bosses just inside, easy item to get. If rev is too much of a pain, which i know he can be (avg around 50 runs to get an item in my experience), then crushridge bindings are a common AH alternative. If you are horde your chest piece is a quest reward, so thats easy, if not its a green so thats easy too. Rings are easy AH items. Weapon can be more of a pain depending on what you are goin for. The sword from the same rare in rfd that drops the belt is a great start. If you are alliance the sm quest axe is also killer. Keep in mind that with so much normalization with warrior moves, you dont neccessarily need a super slow weapon like you do with ret palles, depending on spec of course. Your neck piece atleast horde side is a STV quest chain or AH boe.

Again, its really fairly easy to twink a mail melee toon. Boots, if you want mail and not leather, can be a pain and weapon can be a pain depending on your choice. The rest is easy and fairly common.

Stats > armor. Unless you're focusing on FCing, a warrior is there to do damage, not to survive per se.

The process of gearing up 49's is far worse than Revelosh at 39. You have to deal with random drops off Sunken Temple minibosses, random spawning bosses with random loot in BRD Ring of Law, and a long grind for bosses and a rare spawn in Maraudon.

Either way, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread