Nurturing the Bracket [US]

Cross faction war games too. P2P add eachother on real id since they are the only ones who can foster war games themselves.

Cross-faction wargames will be pretty unbalanced between BIS toons. Alliance simply have better gearing options, and will be hit capped without sacrificing too much in the way of primary stats. The eyepatch is also extremely good since it is designed with two of the most powerful classes in mind (rogue/hunter). I'm up for anything though, and will be making a horde shammy tommorrow afternoon (won't be ready for the wargames but will be finished by the weekend no doubt).

Grabco said:
Why would you lock XP at 19 before moving on to lvl 20?

why? because 19 free twink vs 19 pay twink is still more fair than 20 free twink vs 24 pay twink. my xp-off free twink can play an active bracket with mature players and decent queue times, and could still join f2p community wargames with players who prefer the lvl 20 plan.

i know that during the last month many people have invested a ton of work into gearing lvl 20 f2p toons. i did on another server before i started reading about the f2p community on AP. but then the 20-24 bracket rapidly got to be less fun for me because of queue times, horde/ally ratio, gy camping 24s, and an influx of inexperienced players on ungeared toons. when i rolled fresh on AP, i ground the 10g in a few hours (mining/jc to vendor statues and braided copper rings) on my f2p account and went xp-off at 19. i recognize that people don't want to abandon their lvl 20 toons after all the work to gear them, and they don't have to. but they should also consider trying a lvl 19 xp-off f2p twink.

side note: if i wanted to make a 19 f2p guide, would the admins want that in the 10-19 section? or here in the f2p subsection? maybe f2p threads could be moved out of the 20-29 bracket so that it isn't such a temptation to p2pers cruising the 20-29 forum?

I think we should have an F2P section that covers all the brackets. We could even do L10-14s. I'd prefer to get 20s up and running first though, then maybe we can do 19s/10s on AP too, where we'll have a 'guild' of sorts set up to support people.

Yasueh said:
I think we should have an F2P section that covers all the brackets. We could even do L10-14s. I'd prefer to get 20s up and running first though, then maybe we can do 19s/10s on AP too, where we'll have a 'guild' of sorts set up to support people.

i love that idea! a 'free to play' section with guides for 20s, 19s, and 14s. that would be really cool, in my opinion.

we still need p2p players participating to make wargames happen, but making f2p a subsection of the 20-29 bracket seems like an unnecessary limitation on what the community could be.

Hiidden said:
For the events we already have p2p players. You can just inv the 2 or 3 guys and leave the group - easy mode.

maybe it is just been the times that i play, but i have only once seen a p2p person in the f2ptwinks channel on the horde side.

Users who are viewing this thread