Now & come MOP: Mage VS Warlock

audy

Legend
So, I have a 24 Hunter, Rogue, and a Holy Pally that's also pending gear for Ret.
The amount I play each is in this order: HPally > Rogue > Hunter (if it matters.)

So far I'm thoroughly enjoying the HPally, and I'm thinking I'd like a casting class now (even though all I ever thought I'd do was one 24 twink.)

My Question is: Mage or Warlock? I would say Priest but I already enjoy healing on my HPally, and I'm looking for more of a DPS caster. Unless of course shadow is viable come MOP?

And before you say choose what you like, well, I've played them both, even a shadow priest, and I like them all equally.

My main concerns of course: Damage, Survivability, Support.

Builds I'm considering:
Destruction Lock
Affliction Lock
Frost Mage
Arcane Mage
Shadow Priest

go warlock

there is enough paladins/hunters/rouges/disc priests in this bracket as is......altrough 24 locks can stll crit tick 600+ so you cant say they are UP either

That's part of the reason I want to play a class or build you don't see too often. I actually don't see too many HPallys incidentally, and I'd be going shadow if anything for Priest.

I've chosen to make a Warlock, but I'm still curious as to what you all think.

Side note: My Imp's name is Karloz, lol.

Hello Audy.

I think that what you are asking is interesting for it reminds me of the human condition. The reality is quite simple while we tend to make things complex. The answers given spring from perspectives and assumptions and therefore to me are like shots in the dark. I will need more light.

What realm, faction and guild do you intend on playing in this bracket? What amount do you expect to play either BG? What other activities such as war games and dueling do you want to play and how often? What level of teamwork do you prefer to play? i.e. solo, small party, etc.

Most importantly, what specifically motivates you to play in this bracket (20-24)?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Hello Audy.

I think that what you are asking is interesting for it reminds me of the human condition. The reality is quite simple while we tend to make things complex. The answers given spring from perspectives and assumptions and therefore to me are like shots in the dark. I will need more light.

What realm, faction and guild do you intend on playing in this bracket? What amount do you expect to play either BG? What other activities such as war games and dueling do you want to play and how often? What level of teamwork do you prefer to play? i.e. solo, small party, etc.

Most importantly, what specifically motivates you to play in this bracket (20-24)?

All of my 24's are on Bonechewer as Horde and in my guild called Capped (made guild mostly for tabard and gbank space.)

I mainly play WSG because the ques are much quicker than AB. I might wait for an AB que here and there, however.
My server has no other 24's, so dueling isn't a concern. I of course prefer to play with a premade group, but I've only been able to que up with others a handful of times, so normally I'm flying solo. Playing as a Warlock, I'm definitely thinking I'm going to be needing to watch the placements of my teammates and myself far more carefully than on my other 24's, so I will be sticking with the largest group as best I can. I'd be doing the same as a Mage and SPriest as well.

A F2P player on my server actually got me interested in this bracket. I was in the process of twinking a 19 (remembering how fun they were in vanilla) and he suggested I try this bracket instead. I've been having fun with it ever since and keep making more after I said I'd only make one.

I play a 24 warlock and I absolutely love the class but unfortunately warlocks cant compete against mages and when MoP comes out they wont even be comparable.

I play a 24 warlock and I absolutely love the class but unfortunately warlocks cant compete against mages and when MoP comes out they wont even be comparable.

when I saw you posted in this thread I thought I was going to lol hysterically.
I was wrong
):

All of my 24's are on Bonechewer as Horde and in my guild called Capped My server has no other 24's, so dueling isn't a concern.

Hey :eek: I play on Bonechewer....only 1 finished 24 so far but working on a few more.

NO way?! What handle are you playing under? Ally or Horde?

If you are interested in grouping with Horde Invasion PM me for our mumble info. We are very active in the bracket and are one of if not the largest collections of 20-24 players.

Users who are viewing this thread