No more instance soft-resets?

Warglave

Veteran
So gearing my 59s, I use a second account and run myself thru the dungeons. Nothing new... and in deep, annoying dungeons I typically just log out after the final boss and log back in 5-6 minutes later and both characters will be back at the instance entrance of that same run with all killed bosses still dead. Just have to invite, exit, reset, enter, run again.

As of this morning, that no longer happens. Anyone else notice this, or have I done something different?

The only "reset" now is a hard reset where the entire instance resets after 20-30 minutes logged out, or manual reset from outside. I've only done Stratholme as of yet, but im assuming either it's all of them... or it's me. Kind of sucks.

edit- after 15-20 minutes logged out all the characters are still in Baron's chamber when I log in again. Not cool.

So gearing my 59s, I use a second account and run myself thru the dungeons. Nothing new... and in deep, annoying dungeons I typically just log out after the final boss and log back in 5-6 minutes later and both characters will be back at the instance entrance of that same run with all killed bosses still dead. Just have to invite, exit, reset, enter, run again.

As of this morning, that no longer happens. Anyone else notice this, or have I done something different?

The only "reset" now is a hard reset where the entire instance resets after 20-30 minutes logged out, or manual reset from outside. I've only done Stratholme as of yet, but im assuming either it's all of them... or it's me. Kind of sucks.

edit- after 15-20 minutes logged out all the characters are still in Baron's chamber when I log in again. Not cool.

Ouch, I don’t use this method but this sounds like a huge blow to it, assuming it goes live.

Surprised you just don’t just run out on both and maybe stock some swiftness pots or something on your 59. It’s a decent sized place but not humungous.

You could also die out on your 59, and bring a high lvl that you know has movement speed abilities and zone out on them manually

It's just inconvenient. I did run back in Strat, just lazy... if it takes 3 minutes to run back and 5 to just log off/on i'd usually just log off for 5 and get a break out of it. I just happened to be doing stratholme. Places like maraudon tho…. :mad:

edit- it clearly wasn't aimed at people like me, but it makes no sense to change it unless intentional. I could see it impacting transmog runs, so if that is a popular method I expect complaint to pop up on the forums soon enough...

Last edited:
Let me share a trick someone showed me to speed up your runs. First destroy any hearthstones you have in your bags. When you reach the point where you want to run out and reset, instead hit Esc -> Help. On the left side of the popup about halfway down is the Character Stuck option. Click that and in the main part of the popup should be a button to something of the effect of die and rez at graveyard. Do this for both characters. You will die, and then be ported to the front of the instance or right outside it. If at the front, exit and reset. If outside and in ghost form, enter to get your body then exit and reset.

This will shave off a ton of time and is great for vanilla dungeons that dont loop back to the start. Set your hearthstone at an innkeeper to get one back. Only thing Im not sure about is how to get your Dalaran hearthstone back.

Let me share a trick someone showed me to speed up your runs. First destroy any hearthstones you have in your bags. When you reach the point where you want to run out and reset, instead hit Esc -> Help. On the left side of the popup about halfway down is the Character Stuck option. Click that and in the main part of the popup should be a button to something of the effect of die and rez at graveyard. Do this for both characters. You will die, and then be ported to the front of the instance or right outside it. If at the front, exit and reset. If outside and in ghost form, enter to get your body then exit and reset.

This will shave off a ton of time and is great for vanilla dungeons that dont loop back to the start. Set your hearthstone at an innkeeper to get one back. Only thing Im not sure about is how to get your Dalaran hearthstone back.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=64488/the-innkeepers-daughter will still work.
There are about 4-5 different toys you can use once you drop you hearthstone and use the ‘character stuck’ trick to get back to the inn. Most are gained through seasonal tokens.

/cheers

It's just inconvenient. I did run back in Strat, just lazy... if it takes 3 minutes to run back and 5 to just log off/on i'd usually just log off for 5 and get a break out of it. I just happened to be doing stratholme. Places like maraudon tho…. :mad:

edit- it clearly wasn't aimed at people like me, but it makes no sense to change it unless intentional. I could see it impacting transmog runs, so if that is a popular method I expect complaint to pop up on the forums soon enough...

Yeah, this is how I did things too. Got a chance to play around with it a bit last night, had the same issue. One thing I found is that you can reset the dungeon when both characters are ghosts outside, so you can use that with the delete hearthstone unstuck thing for dungeons where you don't get instantly brought back to life inside.

Small timesave of a couple loading screens for something like Dire Maul, but it's huge for the back of Mara where you port in to the top of the falls.

Users who are viewing this thread