No more fishing tournament?

Vianco

Legend
I logged online today 13.50 to fish for the boa ring once again. I realise the tournament hasen't started, and that the npc isn't there anymore. I check the calender and see that it isn't scheduled and neither is the STV tournament. Could this mean that LFH and dread pirate ring is gf'd?

edit: or maybe they just stopped it for one week cause of the bugs? (would make no sense to do that on EU servers tho)

i checked the calendar few days ago and i saw the 2 fishing tournaments dissapear from the calendar, thought it was my mind playin tricks on meh lol eu

hmm, something fishy's going on. or would it be not going on? i'm confused now o_O

Maybe they are not having if for a short time while they work on fixing the exploiting going on with the cross realms addition to the game. People have been using it to win the fishing tournaments scene the patch.

Maybe they are not having if for a short time while they work on fixing the exploiting going on with the cross realms addition to the game. People have been using it to win the fishing tournaments scene the patch.

Your spot on with this, that is exactly what they are doing. Below is from a blue post on the wow forums.

Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza

In the case of the weekly Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza, we also found that players from other realms were able to jump to a realm in a different time zone to get a head start on fishing, allowing them to win their home realm’s tournament as soon as it began. This isn’t fair for anyone and will require some new tech on our end to ensure the integrity of timed competitions. Unfortunately, this change will require a client-side patch, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

but why do it on eu servers :< I could totally feel that I would've got my ring today.

there are 4-5 blue posts on this and tons of threads on WOW forums when the problem started, they then implemented a fix which did not work and tons more complaints

patch 5.05 hotfixes Sept 20
General

• Cross-realm zones no longer bring together players who are more than 3 timezones apart.
  • When Tol Barad and Wintergrasp battles commence, cross-realm zoning should now cease for the duration, and resume after the end of the battle.
  • Cross-realm zones no longer behave erratically when a party changes leader.
  • The organizers of Azeroth's fishing tournaments have temporarily shut down their weekly affairs. Fishing tournaments will return soon.

Cross Realm Fishing Derby
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

As a side-note: we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future, so hang in there. We’re listening, and we’re working to address those concerns just as quickly as we can.

Realm “Hopping” by Changing Party Leaders
While it might sound like fun to go exploring in other realms by changing party leaders, this was not intended, and allowed some players to take advantage of bosses such as the Darkmoon Rabbit and challenges such as the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza. As such, we’ve made a fix that will stop groups from being able to do this.

Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza
In the case of the weekly Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza, we also found that players from other realms were able to jump to a realm in a different time zone to get a head start on fishing, allowing them to win their home realm’s tournament as soon as it began. This isn’t fair for anyone and will require some new tech on our end to ensure the integrity of timed competitions. Unfortunately, this change will require a client-side patch, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch

Users who are viewing this thread