No gem lvl req except cata gems

I just spoke to a gamemaster and he said Exactly "We do NOT have any plans to change this" U can do whatever u want, perhaps this gm lies but i doubt he do. Go gem or whatever this wont happen at all in his meaning, and i hope he knows what hes speaking about. GL

My freshly made and almost finished pally just breathed a huge sigh of relief. The World of Warcraft Armory - Holypewpeww @ Velen - Profile

Got 3 more honor hold tokens and +30 more mining to go to 450. Not bad conisdering i hit 50 3 days ago.

Was going to go ret but the playstyle is really wierd. I Have no problems with staying on someone but the burst either takes to long to build up(TV) or is just really rng dependent waiting for exo proc's or hoping other abilities generate holy power.

Which trinkets do you guys think i should go with? Bladefist's and rocket launcher?

its not that the GM was/wasnt lying...its just that they have NO idea what is going to happen. they dont have devs sitting next to them answering questions. the GMs answer to the best of their abilities and often tell people wrong information. so i wouldnt get too excited velent....but we're going to find out in 6 days anyways.

I do have it prebc for my ret set. Just got my 6 marks from hh so have the second ring and finished off quest for the Bladefist's Breadth. I wish they wouldnt of changed the meta requirement. I'm starting to feel like i have to much stam now trying to satisfy the meta.

I might have to go back and change some +20 str and +30 stam's to 15 str+10 crit's.

And Wowhead says that I can smelt the new Cata Ore to get to 450 mining which would be alot easier that trying to farm in Isle of Quel'danas. Adamantite's arent giving me skill'ups anymore and its taking 4-5 Rich adamantite to get each point. Only seen 1 Khorium there so far (sigh).

velentwink said:
I do have it prebc for my ret set. Just got my 6 marks from hh so have the second ring and finished off quest for the Bladefist's Breadth. I wish they wouldnt of changed the meta requirement. I'm starting to feel like i have to much stam now trying to satisfy the meta.

I might have to go back and change some +20 str and +30 stam's to 15 str+10 crit's.

And Wowhead says that I can smelt the new Cata Ore to get to 450 mining which would be alot easier that trying to farm in Isle of Quel'danas. Adamantite's arent giving me skill'ups anymore and its taking 4-5 Rich adamantite to get each point. Only seen 1 Khorium there so far (sigh).

Just an FYI you may be able to smelt it but if you are not a high enough level to mine it you do not get skill ups when smelting.

For Example Cobalt ORE. I cant mine it because i have to be level 65 but i can smelt it.

Even though I meet the requirement to smelt the ore, it wont give me a skill up.

Just saying you are stuck mining khorium and rich adamantite to do it. took me 10 hours to get from 425 to 450.

Deadpool said:
Just an FYI you may be able to smelt it but if you are not a high enough level to mine it you do not get skill ups when smelting.

For Example Cobalt ORE. I cant mine it because i have to be level 65 but i can smelt it.

Even though I meet the requirement to smelt the ore, it wont give me a skill up.

FFS stop spreading bad info regarding professions. Smelting cobalt only gives skillups from 350 to 375 (albeit at a really slow rate); saronite, titanium, and titansteel do not give skillups period. This does NOT CHANGE whether you are level 55, level 60, level 70, level 80, or level 85. The ability to gain skillups from smelting has NOTHING to do with your character's level other than the level required to train grand master/illustrious/whatever other rank if you're capped at the previous level.

(titanium and titansteel don't give skillups at the moment obv, but they are grey at 450 so they won't give skillups in cata either unless they decide to change it, they probably won't since they didn't do it with khorium and hardened adamantite)

Etiäinen said:
FFS stop spreading bad info regarding professions. Smelting cobalt only gives skillups from 350 to 375 (albeit at a really slow rate); saronite, titanium, and titansteel do not give skillups period. This does NOT CHANGE whether you are level 55, level 60, level 70, level 80, or level 85. The ability to gain skillups from smelting has NOTHING to do with your character's level other than the level required to train grand master/illustrious/whatever other rank if you're capped at the previous level.

(titanium and titansteel don't give skillups at the moment obv, but they are grey at 450 so they won't give skillups in cata either unless they decide to change it, they probably won't since they didn't do it with khorium and hardened adamantite)

In cataclysm there is no stated learning level for smelting pyrite (the next ore you can smelt) that will make Pyrium bars. Pyrite - Wowhead Search

Smelting - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

This shows from saronite to titansteel do not give you skill ups past the time they are learned. It also shows there is no data on how early you can learn smelt Pyrite, As long as mining has been out there has always been long dead spots where smelting would not help skill up your profession and you would have to mine until you could learn the ability to smelt the next ore on the list.

There is NOTHING on wowhead stating the level in which you can learn smelt Pyrite which is the next Obtainable ore you can smelt. You can learn Illustrious grand master mining at level 425 though. Pyrite - Wowhead Search

But then that only leads to the assumption that they will give it the same treatment as grand master and cobalt making pyrite smeltable 25 levels before the previous cap.

Also if you think you are going to smelt your way to 450 be prepared to go broke because everyone is going to charge a pretty penny for it seeing as it will be new at first.

as for now you will be better off and will be able to max it sooner if you just continued farming Khorium and Rich Adamantite nodes in nagrand and Quel Danas for a day than hoping you can shell out the gold for a new ore if it does indeed let you smelt it for skill ups before level 450.

Users who are viewing this thread